Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT4 Front Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2020, 01:46 PM
Jacob Sami
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ///M///
lol! That is 100% identical to what I got. Goes to show that US distributors use the same vendor and sell under their name. Nothing wrong with that but the good news for you is that I can walk you through this as I was the scapegoat.

As a next step just lay out and arrange all the hardware (nuts/bolts) on the floor and take a single picture. Group same type of screws, etc together. I will be able to instantly tell you what you will not need to use from that. Will save you some trouble.
Perfect, I packaged it back so i can deliver it to the Body Shop and ill have them do that as well. I did not look at the smaller stuff i kept it on a side just took the DRL lights out of the Box, everything else remained. I'm pretty sure the shop i got knows as well, they have tons of wide body builds, and custom stuff.
But this is good to know it is the same stuff. I am just concerned on drilling the sensor holes that go in the fog light inserts. not sure where that goes,
Old 01-27-2020, 01:48 PM
9Gyarah
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Jacob Sami
Perfect, I packaged it back so i can deliver it to the Body Shop and ill have them do that as well. I did not look at the smaller stuff i kept it on a side just took the DRL lights out of the Box, everything else remained. I'm pretty sure the shop i got knows as well, they have tons of wide body builds, and custom stuff.
But this is good to know it is the same stuff. I am just concerned on drilling the sensor holes that go in the fog light inserts. not sure where that goes,
wait. So are you installing or the body shop?
Old 01-27-2020, 01:50 PM
Jacob Sami
Instructor

wait. So are you installing or the body shop?
Body shop for sure, but any detail will help so i can instruct them and give them Tips. it needs to be painted anyways and i will have them install my 3rd rad as well. Remember i just did a surgery and i am not allowed to work and lift stuff lol. and i need 1-2 month recovery lol.
Old 01-27-2020, 02:04 PM
9Gyarah
Rennlist Member

Body shop for sure, but any detail will help so i can instruct them and give them Tips. it needs to be painted anyways and i will have them install my 3rd rad as well. Remember i just did a surgery and i am not allowed to work and lift stuff lol. and i need 1-2 month recovery lol.
Body shops don’t like to be told how to do their job so I doubt they will like any input. Let them take care of it and advise how it came out. Good luck.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:04 PM
Jacob Sami
Instructor

Body shops don’t like to be told how to do their job so I doubt they will like any input. Let them take care of it and advise how it came out. Good luck.
I would generally agree, But this shop is also my friend shop, we are working on a Supercharged NSX build and have a few JDM builds there as well. so any help will be appreciated. I dealt with tons of shops and i know how they are. nothing like having a friends shop i can crash in and work on my cars anytime i want.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:16 PM
9Gyarah
Rennlist Member

I would generally agree, But this shop is also my friend shop, we are working on a Supercharged NSX build and have a few JDM builds there as well. so any help will be appreciated. I dealt with tons of shops and i know how they are. nothing like having a friends shop i can crash in and work on my cars anytime i want.
Cool. Let me know if you have any questions. I can tell you one thing that on the underside the the bumper holes will not perfectly match up with the undertray that came with it. Let me know if they run into the same issue.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:17 PM
Jacob Sami
Instructor

Cool. Let me know if you have any questions. I can tell you one thing that on the underside the the bumper holes will not perfectly match up with the undertray that came with it. Let me know if they run into the same issue.
Noted! Any Advice for me as for the sensor locations, i see the two main front ones, but on my GTS front i have two sensor located on the DRL Bezel. you think i have to drill the Bezel or should i drill the Bumper sides?
Old 01-27-2020, 07:20 PM
9Gyarah
Rennlist Member

Noted! Any Advice for me as for the sensor locations, i see the two main front ones, but on my GTS front i have two sensor located on the DRL Bezel. you think i have to drill the Bezel or should i drill the Bumper sides?
That will guaranteed get messed up so I didn’t bother with the sensors.

Remembered something else, the large black hex head screws that are included are useless as they can’t be used for anything. You will also find these 7-8 large clips that are used to connect to the undertray to the bumper but none of the supplied screws fit it so buy some metric ones from Home Depot. I bought M6x1 cap screws and they fit those clips.
The following users liked this post:
Jacob Sami (01-27-2020)
Old 01-27-2020, 07:24 PM
Jacob Sami
Instructor

If you go back HERE you can see where mines were located.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:28 PM
9Gyarah
Rennlist Member

If you go back HERE you can see where mines were located.
I know the location since I have a GTS but it wasn’t worth messing with because I was losing the rear sensors anyways. I added something to my previous message above. Read it.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:05 PM
Chris651
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it makes you feel better Jacob, I gave in to the pressure and bought the kit too.

Now waiting for it to arrive and lay out all the parts & hardware then try fitting the puzzle pieces together.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:16 PM
SoCal-NSX
Burning Brakes

Received 880 Likes on 398 Posts

Like I said, anybody want to sell their old GTS front end lmk

cant wait to see the final pics!

I will probably do this at some pount..... but for now I just spent my money on exhaust. Figured I want to get the sound done first

wife gonna kill me... I went with the old "I promises this car needs nothing" line when I bought it
Old 01-27-2020, 10:25 PM
Jacob Sami
Instructor

Originally Posted by Chris651
If it makes you feel better Jacob, I gave in to the pressure and bought the kit too.

Now waiting for it to arrive and lay out all the parts & hardware then try fitting the puzzle pieces together.
Haha, Ok great! Let’s do This, I got in contact with Bayson R to jump on this thread , I will be sending good pics down the road after i am done with paint and all, Of course we will post here for others to benefit, The pressure is real lol
Old 01-27-2020, 10:25 PM
Jacob Sami
Instructor

Originally Posted by SoCal-NSX
Like I said, anybody want to sell their old GTS front end lmk

cant wait to see the final pics!

I will probably do this at some pount..... but for now I just spent my money on exhaust. Figured I want to get the sound done first

wife gonna kill me... I went with the old "I promises this car needs nothing" line when I bought it
Hmm ok sounds good, i normally like to keep my stuff, But i might consider a sale, too bad mines has Ceramic coating and PPF front. It would of been a good edition to someone with this color already.
Old 01-28-2020, 01:53 AM
khoahtran
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I just got this kit too, would anybody be willing to help me get thru putting the bumper together? The bag of screws and clips is very intimidating...

Quick Reply: GT4 Front Bumper