Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Appreciate advice before warranty expires

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 12:56 PM
denniscasey
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Appreciate advice before warranty expires

New car warranty on my 2015 Cayman S expires September this year so I am thinking about steps to take to ensure I don't miss issues I can still cover under warranty. For instance, thanks to this forum I learned about door panel problem and got new panels installed under warranty. There was no notification from Porsche nor did my dealer tell me about this so I might have missed getting this fixed until out of warranty. This is my first Porsche and and in Minnesota only drive on nice days so only have 9,600 miles on car and due to infrequent use not totally familiar with "normal" noises, etc and have not used all the electronic features ( just like to experience driving/handling). I don't check forum all the time so wonder if there are other known issues with 2015 Cayman besides door panels, trunk trim and headlight crazing I have read about in this forum. I think I will have car thoroughly checked over by well known independent Porsche shop in area in week or so but I don' t want to miss taking some obvious steps before warranty expires. At this point not thinking about CPO for $2000 ( seems average price) as I have done all maintenance at dealer and treat car respectfully. Appreciate thoughts/advice.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:58 PM
2010panny4S
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

You can actually talk to your service manager about do a full check of your car before your warranty goes so that they can actually perform needed fixes under warranty before the due date. If they are items to be fixed through warranty then it's something the dealership can take care off at no expense to you as it's covered under warranty and the dealer makes money from it too.
Old 08-07-2019, 12:44 PM
denniscasey
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010panny4S
You can actually talk to your service manager about do a full check of your car before your warranty goes so that they can actually perform needed fixes under warranty before the due date. If they are items to be fixed through warranty then it's something the dealership can take care off at no expense to you as it's covered under warranty and the dealer makes money from it too.
Thanks for feedback. I thought independent shop might be good but I should have considered dealer gets paid for warranty work so no reason for them to overlook possible problem.
Old 08-07-2019, 03:31 PM
2010panny4S
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

We've been told before too on my previous Panamera to set up a time to bring the car in for a full check-up to see if anything needs to be fixed/replaced prior to warranty due date so that they could take care of it under the warranty claim. SO I do suggest taking that opportunity as much as possible.
Old 04-15-2021, 05:54 PM
Slalom01
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had this issue on the two 911 Carrera S Cabs I've owned - first on both doors of a 2011, and now on the drivers door of my 2014. The valet in the large building I live in says every single 911, save the brand new ones, have this issue. Living in South Florida, I guess the heat just does them in. I was quoted $1800 to replace, and since I bought both cars used privately, but had them dealer serviced, I'm not a "loyal" enough customer. My SA said he'd flag my file in case there is a recall, but give the age of this thread, the number of posts, and the number of complaints, I'm not holding my breath. The separation is quite severe on the drivers side, but I'm going to live with it for now until I can find an aftermarket upholstery shop to fix it.

Quick Reply: Appreciate advice before warranty expires