Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

981 GTS vs base 911 991

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 06:24 PM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,141 Likes on 641 Posts

Originally Posted by garfunkle
I poke at all sides and scientifically/factually discovered based on surveying my own circle of 4.3 friends (a couple don't like me 100%) that only 7.683% of people have their social or political opinions formed or changed from complete strangers on social media.

Here's what I love about Porsche... plenty of guys showing up to the local events with garage queen GT cars and Turbos. The cars that get the love look the worst. Old beat to hell 356's, 944's and the most excited people are in their first P cars - many times a 986 or 996 that they drive the hell out of. Nobody cares if someone spent 200K on a turbo or 6K on a 986 base. We love driving and love cars. The rest is column fodder.
I disagree. Everyone on my FB feed has 100% of their opinions formed from social media.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:30 PM
CaymanSinAR
Rennlist Member

Received 636 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by garfunkle
The cars that get the love look the worst.
One of the groups that meets up at a different local restaurant every Thursday skews to a way younger "stance" crowd. The first couple of times I went were in the dead of summer when it is still brutally hot and humid at night. Because of that I drove my 981 BGTS (ventilated seats). Aside from my couple of buddies I was pretty blatantly ignored/shunned. The third time I showed up in my mint condition low mile bone stock 2001 Miata. Suddenly I was the center of attention and one of the gang! After that they were all over my Boxster and 911 when I bought them. Just needed the Miata to break the ice.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:47 PM
garfunkle
Banned

Received 1,150 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by CaymanSinAR
One of the groups that meets up at a different local restaurant every Thursday skews to a way younger "stance" crowd. The first couple of times I went were in the dead of summer when it is still brutally hot and humid at night. Because of that I drove my 981 BGTS (ventilated seats). Aside from my couple of buddies I was pretty blatantly ignored/shunned. The third time I showed up in my mint condition low mile bone stock 2001 Miata. Suddenly I was the center of attention and one of the gang! After that they were all over my Boxster and 911 when I bought them. Just needed the Miata to break the ice.
When I said "look the worst" I didn't mean stanced - I meant road rash and wear from proper use. Stance people would be welcome at the PCA events but that level of maturity would rather slam a VW than appreciate engineering or something you can actually drive so they don't care about the engineering behind a Porsche.

Quick Reply: 981 GTS vs base 911 991