Notices

92 968 unlocks when I try to lock it

Old 07-05-2017, 12:41 PM
LTDzak
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 968 unlocks when I try to lock it

Ran into my first 968 electrical gremlin. The other day I went to put something in the passenger side footwell not realizing the car was locked, and set the alarm off. Opening the drivers door with a key silenced it.

Ever since then when I go to lock it turning the key in the drivers side lock it will lock but instantly power unlock.

Anything in particular to look for? Bad power lock solenoid?
Old 07-06-2017, 02:50 PM
[email protected]
User

I think it could mean there is an open circuit in the system. (bad pin switch) You might try checking the door pin switches as well as the rest. I could be wrong here but this is what I think I remember reading.
Old 07-06-2017, 06:31 PM
thomasmryan
User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the durametric software shows what sensor is "high" but I would suspect the little switches that clip to the door lock cylinders might need attention/cleaning/reclipped.
Old 07-07-2017, 06:55 AM
968workaholic
User

Does the power lock on the passenger side work? The solenoids are 5 wire, meaning there are wires to let the alarm module know if the locks are in the lock/unlock position. I would bet yoir passenger side solenoid is dead, which you explain why the alarm went off when you opened that door.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 92 968 unlocks when I try to lock it

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: