968 Forum 1992-1995

1994/95 Rear Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 03:13 AM
Tracker6
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Daniel S
Thanks for the link. I may give them a call, even though the plug looks different from this angle.

It looks like you could buy just the woofer for $35. #18 at the link.
http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/hardparts.php?dir=993§ion=911-05

For that cost, it may be worth a test purchase.
Autoatlanta Rocks! That is the place I picked up my 968.....and they have an extensive parts catalog online and the owner is a great guy!
Old 03-08-2017, 11:50 AM
Daniel S
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Default About those 993 speakers...

It turns out Los Angeles Dismantler is about 5 miles from my house. They had a 993 speaker setup, so I went up to take a look. Sure enough the connector is different. It has rounded corners on one end and two alignment groves in it. (sorry forgot to take pictures) So much for parts bin sharing... On an interesting note, the connector did have a BMW part number stamped on it along with the AMP part number. I wonder who else's parts they used? While I was there, the front office person gave me a tour. So sad to see some of the cars there, a brand new yellow GT4, and a 2017 Turbo S with ~300 miles on it-totaled. I guess some people really need to learn to drive at the track in a 924, SC, or 944 before graduating to one of these cars. I am going to keep looking, but I am somewhat resigned to having to cut into the rear wires, but leave the harness intact for the future.

Quick Reply: 1994/95 Rear Speakers