Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

2003 German Autofest Ventura, CA... Who's going?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 02:08 PM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2003 German Autofest Ventura, CA... Who's going?

Hey guys!

Well we are less then 2 weeks (11 days) away from the 2003 GERMAN AUTOFEST!!!

For more info on this event: http://65.61.16.109/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5337

I just got off the phone with Bob Campbell, President of the GAF. Once we have an accurate head count he is going to designate an area the 968 area at the event. He has a couple other car clubs attending together the vintage 911 group has over 150 cars attending together. Same goes with the 356 registry and So.Cal boxster club. I asked him to throw me a sales pitch to entice you guys. 150+ vendor booths were sold. Swap meet has doubled in size from last year. More advertising $$$ were spent this year meaning more cars and people will attend. He said other then Porsche Parade you will never see as many Porsches together in one place.

I will agree even Hershey had less cars attending. Hershey did have a larger swap meet I would say 4-5 times the swap meet at last years GAF. The GAF also invites commercial vendors to show & sell product.

If you are a Porsche nut (which you are if you are reading this) then you have to make the drive or Fly out like Angel to attend this great event!

I have made up my mind that I will attend both days 13&14th . The folks at the GAF made some changes this year to get everyone to go both days. Well they suckered me in! Check out the schedule below. You will not want to miss the Swap meet, it was my favorite part of the GAF last year.

Schedule of Events

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, September 13, 2003

AutoFest Opens to Public - 8 am to 5 pm

General Admission & Parking 8 am
Event Registration 8am
For Sale Corral 8 am - 5 pm
Seminars/Product Demos 9 am - 3 pm
Industry Exhibitor Halls Open 9 am - 5 pm
Literature/Mobilia Show Opens 10 am - 2 pm
People's Choice Balloting 10 am - 12 pm
Boxster Fest Balloting 10 am - 12 pm
Boxster Fest Awards & Parade 1 pm
People's Choice Awards on Main Street 2 pm

German AutoFest Closes 5 pm

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, September 14, 2003

AutoFest Opens to Public - 8 am to 4 pm

General Admission & Parking 8 am
Event Registration 8 am
Porsche®-Only Swap Meet 8 am - 4 pm
For Sale Corral 8 am - 4 pm
Seminars/Product Demonstations 9 am - 3 pm
Industry Exhibitor Halls Open 9am - 4 pm
Literature/Mobilia Show Open 10 am - 2 pm
Concours Judging Begins 10 am
Boxster Fest Parade 1 pm
Concours Awards on Main Street 2 pm
German AutoFest Closes 4 pm

If you are planning to stay in the area overnight, I recommend making your reservations SOON! Angel let me know that many of the hotels he called were booked. Both of us booked rooms at the Marriott in Ventura. Hotels.com still shows rooms available at $169 per night.

http://www.hotels.com/

How much does it cost to go?

$5 state park charge to bring the car into the park.
$10 per head general admission
$0 Car parks free in the event

Or

$40 on Saturday for the Peoples choice Concours and you get to General admission tickets for both days

I would like to get an idea of who still plans on attending as well as what day(s). I think it is a good idea to meet somewhere in LA and Caravan down on Saturday and/or Sunday. Gates open at 7:30 I think we need to be there early to secure a good spot for all of the cars to park together. We will have a designated 968 area as mentioned earlier.

Eric

If you are planning on entering your car into Saturdays - People's Choice Concours please see this form: http://www.germanautofest.com/PeopleRegForm02.htm
Entry Fee - $40.00

Includes: 2 Admissions – 1 Ballot for Voting - Preferred Display Parking

If you are planning on entering your car into Sunday - Full Judged Concours d'Elegance please see this form:
http://www.germanautofest.com/ConcourRegistration.htm

Entry Fee - $ 65.00

Includes: 2 Admissions – 1 Event Lapel Pin - 1 Event Full Color Poster - Preferred Display Parking

Eric- 92' Midnight Blue metallic CAB Orange County CA

Project 968S

www.968s.com

Quick Reply: 2003 German Autofest Ventura, CA... Who's going?