Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Saw a 968 in Eugene, Or

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 03:22 AM
monteolsen1
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All this time, I thought I owned the only 968 in our city and one of the few in the state. Then I saw it coming the opposite direction: a beautiful, black, shiny Porsche 968. It caught me so much by surprise, I barely had enough time to wave. It's the first time I have seen another 968 on the road besides mine. It was surprising how 911-like it looked from the front. It really looked nice, but I'm repeating myself. I was going to an appointment and was hoping to see if the owner and the car were still where I saw them turn off and park at the Lane County Customer Service Center. No such luck, but sure hope to see them again.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:31 AM
Copilot
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, it wasn't me - but I'm another 968 owner in the region! I live in Coos Bay - but that's kind of like Eugene, since it's the nearest point of civilization

If you ever want an insider's coastal cruise, let me know!
Old 03-15-2014, 10:48 AM
ramius665
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by monteolsen1
All this time, I thought I owned the only 968 in our city and one of the few in the state. Then I saw it coming the opposite direction: a beautiful, black, shiny Porsche 968. It caught me so much by surprise, I barely had enough time to wave. It's the first time I have seen another 968 on the road besides mine. It was surprising how 911-like it looked from the front. It really looked nice, but I'm repeating myself. I was going to an appointment and was hoping to see if the owner and the car were still where I saw them turn off and park at the Lane County Customer Service Center. No such luck, but sure hope to see them again.
When I lived in Eugene about a decade ago there were a handful running around. IIRC there were a couple of guards red ones and a beautiful polar silver car that was an original M030. Unfortunately the Oregon weather doesn't make for a long driving season. I loved taking my 944 to go skiing at the Three Sisters. I'd run snow tires and get the craziest looks from people.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:11 AM
monteolsen1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ramius665
When I lived in Eugene about a decade ago there were a handful running around. IIRC there were a couple of guards red ones and a beautiful polar silver car that was an original M030. Unfortunately the Oregon weather doesn't make for a long driving season. I loved taking my 944 to go skiing at the Three Sisters. I'd run snow tires and get the craziest looks from people.
Heh, heh, heh. That coast trip sounds good. I'll keep the old eyes peeled for another one. This one was really nice. I saw one that was for sale in Roseburg about a year or more ago. Maybe that is what I saw, but perhaps the new owner had begun fixing it up. The paint looked really nice.

Eugene has grown quite a bit over the last 10 years, but you would still recognize the place.

Quick Reply: Saw a 968 in Eugene, Or