For sale: 1992 Porsche 968 6 -speed coupe

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 03:58 PM
Todd951968
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default For sale: 1992 Porsche 968 6 -speed coupe

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/3245601244.html

As it states, I am selling my early (recessed hood badge) '92 6-speed coupe. See Craigslist link above. Not sure if I mentioned on craigslist but it has 75k miles and counting....getting closer to 76k ( I still drive it ).

The Craigslist ad is pretty discriptive but for the even more diceerning Rennlister, I'll add a few more details:

Body: was partially repainted prior to my ownership (so more than 13 years ago) on the left side. If you look close you can tell but its held up great since I've owned it. There are a few "service waves" on the tops of the fenders, again, there since before I bought it. The lower right front grille is a little damaged. See photo. Wheels have been repainted. Tires are Bridgestone Potenza's with good tread. There is littlle if any sandblasting/stone chips.

Suspension: M474 Koni's , M030 sways, front drilled rotors, castor blocks, motor mounts.

Interior: Everything works except cruise and A/C lost charge recently. Was last charged May 09 so it probably just needs charged again. The seats are in pretty good shape with some wear and color fading. Could use a redye. I may have a bottle to include with sale. Drivers side bolster shows some wear but no tears. There is a small split on the piping. The headliner is split around the passenger side front sunroof release clip and above the window area. Not really noticable but there. Front carpeted kick panels are a little frayed , probablyu from an old stereo wire install.

Engine: Timing belt changed in April '09, about 5k miles ago. New lifters and engine mounts were also done. Cam chain, sproket, pads etc. were all inspected and looked great. Too good, in fact, so I went to the dealer and had them look up the records on my car. They said they only had partial records but gave them to me, showing the camshaft tensioner and other parts were replaced at 35k miles. . Clutch was replaced April 2011.

I believe I've disclosed everything about the car, if I left out anything negative that is discovered upon a potential buyer's inspection, I am open to negotiation on price. Asking $ 13,740, cash.

Last edited by Todd951968; 02-18-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:48 PM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 740 Likes on 529 Posts

Todd,

YGM.

Lee
Old 09-03-2012, 01:30 AM
hot-J
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice car.....
Old 10-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Todd951968
Burning Brakes

The car sold today, in the $13k range, to an out of state buyer. Over the 6 weeks or so that it was listed I got several inquiries from out of state. I think this posed a problem, understandably. Only 1 local person came to look at it and he wanted it but needed to sell one of his other cars first. The only other person that made it out to look at it (the buyer) paid for a PPI in advance and with a clean bill of health drove out today and bought it. I already miss the car and am sure I will be kicking myself but hopefully I will find something else down the road.

Anyway, I thought I'd share this information to help compile data on the current market on these cars.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Cloud9...68
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Congratulations on the sale. You got a very good price. Do you think the earliness of the car, particularly the hood with the recessed badge, added much to the value of the car?
Old 10-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Todd951968
Burning Brakes

Thanks. I was hoping to get the higher range of the going rate for decent, well cared for, but not concourse cars and I was happy with the sales price. I also think the buyer got a great car/value for the money. What always stood out for me about this specific car was its sweet color combination, sport seats, and6 speed with limited slip. To me, those are worth a premium.

Then, more general things like the condition, maintenance records, years of ownership, relatively low miles and other factors that weigh in.

The buyer cited the color , manual transmission, and the fact that it was a coupe.

Quick Reply: For sale: 1992 Porsche 968 6 -speed coupe