Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

UPDATE- Found headlight parts, roller and springs new- fix sticking light issue.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 03:22 PM
notthd
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 169 Posts
Default UPDATE- Found headlight parts, roller and springs new- fix sticking light issue.

UPDATE,

Had been helping out with headlight issues for myself and fellow listers, and made a discovery. Porsche parts place went out of business some years back and an acquantance wound up with what small inventory was left. I wanted anything 968, but only really anything I could not get anywhere else. Now have a new DME relay, cab top relay, some trim pieces. rocker moulding (3 sets) and five sets of springs and headlight rocker with the roller on them, all new. Even a set of brand new taillights if I wanted to pay the $600 bucks for them- no thanks.

So if any one needs the light roller and spring 10 bucks shipped can get you one. Pass on the good fortune- (it's a carma thing)

Cheers, Mike

OLD POST- describes what I am talking about.
As requested some more details

In the pic the arrow is on the spring you need to disconnect and the wheel that is afixed to the rocker. look close at the pivot point. It is a "U", without the spring the rocker with wheel just pops out.
The below they sell part 1 as an assembly for $580 but not the rocker part 2 and the spring part 3. hope this makes sense. If anyone can find the individual parts please post. I have some used.

Part 2 Drive Arm locking wheel 928.750.079.02 with part 3 the spring for it 928.750.291.02

Drive arm locking wheel and latch point in the light assy hinge. Note the spring

Old 04-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Cloud9...68
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

And for anyone else who's interested, I plan to convert to fixed headlights (a la Eric K and Pablo Crespo) soon, so I'll be selling my pop-up lights and all of their components. Everything is in perfect working condition.

Quick Reply: UPDATE- Found headlight parts, roller and springs new- fix sticking light issue.