Bridgestone Potenza SO3's

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 09:10 PM
qball
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Bridgestone Potenza SO3's

I have Bridgestone Potenza SO3's on my 968. Does anybody know were to find the manufacture date on the side wall? I looked but can't decipher the codes. They ride like they are made of stone and track every single grove in the road. Time for a change, But I want to see how old they are.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:28 PM
ernie9468
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by qball
I have Bridgestone Potenza SO3's on my 968. Does anybody know were to find the manufacture date on the side wall? I looked but can't decipher the codes. They ride like they are made of stone and track every single grove in the road. Time for a change, But I want to see how old they are.
If they feel like they're made out of stone never mind the manufacture date,simply change them because that is what old tires feel like when they had it,don't take no chance.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:29 PM
kab996
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Directly under the "Bridgstone" on mine. The last 4 digits are the week and year. Example: if the last four are 1207 it would we the 12th week of 2007.

Last edited by kab996; 09-05-2011 at 09:49 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:53 AM
qball
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kab996
Directly under the "Bridgstone" on mine. The last 4 digits are the week and year. Example: if the last four are 1207 it would we the 12th week of 2007.
thanks
Old 09-07-2011, 07:04 PM
qball
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kab996
2203 Time for a change
Old 09-24-2011, 07:45 PM
porsche_968
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

update? What did you replace with?
also, can the 225/50/16 tires fit on the front wheels? I am planning to 'do this and add spacers in the back to fill out the wheel wells.
Thanks
Old 09-24-2011, 10:03 PM
qball
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porsche_968
update? What did you replace with?
also, can the 225/50/16 tires fit on the front wheels? I am planning to 'do this and add spacers in the back to fill out the wheel wells.
Thanks
I was going to wait to put a few hundred miles on them first but here goes, I picked these up from tire rack. So far very happy. Better ride, way less darting and tracking every grove in the road. Have not autox'd with them yet but 98% of my driving is on the road so that is what I bought them for. As far as spacers I would ask the more knowledgeable guys on here.

Item Description Availability Qty. Price Each Item Total

225/45ZR17 Continental ExtremeContact DWS IN STOCK 2 $127.00 $254.00
255/40ZR17 Continental ExtremeContact DWS IN STOCK 2 $142.00 $284.00

From the website..The ExtremeContact DWS (DWS for Dry, Wet & Snow) is Continental's Ultra High Performance All-Season radial developed for drivers of sports cars, sports coupes, performance sedans and sport trucks. The ExtremeContact DWS is designed to satisfy their year-round driving needs by blending dry and wet road performance with light snow and slush traction.

ExtremeContact DWS features an advanced silica-based, high-grip, all-season tread compound molded into a unique asymmetrical tread design with stable shoulder blocks and a continuous, notched intermediate rib on the outboard side to enhance responsiveness and cornering stability. The center of the tread features independent blocks separated by high-angle, crisscross grooves to provide the biting edges necessary to deliver wet road and light snow traction while independent inboard shoulder blocks help disperse water to further enhance hydroplaning resistance and foul weather traction.

The ExtremeContact DWS features Tuned Performance Indicators — visible letters molded into the second rib from the outboard shoulder to alert drivers of the tire's performance levels. A visible "DWS" indicates the tire has sufficient tread depth for dry conditions, as well as wet roads and light snow. After the "S" has worn away, the remaining "DW" indicates the tire only has sufficient tread depth for dry and most wet road conditions. And after the "W" and "S" have both worn away, the remaining "D" indicates the tire has appropriate tread depth for dry conditions only.

The tire's internal structure includes twin steel belts reinforced with spirally wound jointless nylon cap plies to provide long-term integrity under high-speed conditions while reducing weight and helping to provide more uniform ride quality.

Quick Reply: Bridgestone Potenza SO3's