Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Does this look right? (Clutch pedal spring assembly)

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 12:07 PM
macadamianut
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does this look right? (Clutch pedal spring assembly)

Hi all,

Another squeeky clutch pedal with high effort and short travel. Ordered the little plastic bushing to install but was looking at this spring assembly thinking something's missing here. Shouldn't there be a washer or bushing plate in between the post and pin clip retainer? When I depress the clutch, I can clearly see the top of the pin (the open end) cutting through the hole and marring up the metal bracket.

Also, I read another thread about reducing the pedal effort a bit by increasing the tension on the helper spring. Does this really work?

Any thoughts?
Thanks
Attached Images  
Old 04-14-2011, 03:14 PM
Jaap968
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think there should not be a pin clip retainer (at least on my car there isn't) because this limits the movement when depressing the clutch. The shaft should be allowed to move freely through the hole in the bracket. The white washer has a raised edge that fits into the indentations in the sheet metal bracket keeping the spring assemby in place. The clip is only used when removing/installing the spring assembly (you depress the clutch untill the little hole in the shaft passes through the bracket and then insert the clip for removal of the spring assembly)

Also tried to increase the spring tension when my clutch felt heavy, even replaced the spring with the updated version (black, for later cars) but did not make a noticable difference.

Jaap

Quick Reply: Does this look right? (Clutch pedal spring assembly)