Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Has anyone bought the Deutsche Nine fog light/brake duct yet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 10:46 AM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

D9 finally got back. they said they will test fit their own units by the end of this week/early next week and send instructions then...
Old 04-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Paul RN
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The service they have given you has put me right off them.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:15 PM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

yeah im not 100% pleased with the product, and until the last week, communication had been great! I sent Mark(future) a pm so maybe he'll get the ball rolling. To be honest though, if these things need more work than i can handle, I'd like to discuss other options with them. (Like returning these and sending for a replacement)Ive made that clear but they haven't directly responded to that avenue yet...
Old 04-27-2011, 05:23 PM
Paul RN
Advanced

Originally Posted by sydneyman2007
yeah im not 100% pleased with the product, and until the last week, communication had been great! I sent Mark(future) a pm so maybe he'll get the ball rolling. To be honest though, if these things need more work than i can handle, I'd like to discuss other options with them. (Like returning these and sending for a replacement)Ive made that clear but they haven't directly responded to that avenue yet...
I bet its not cheap to ship back/out to the US either. I hope they sort it out for you in the end.

Anyway I'm after just the plain ducts and http://www.porscheshop.co.uk/ have them, although luckily they are only about 20 minutes around the corner from me I'll go and check out the quality first.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:31 PM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Paul RN
I bet its not cheap to ship back/out to the US either. I hope they sort it out for you in the end.

Anyway I'm after just the plain ducts and http://www.porscheshop.co.uk/ have them, although luckily they are only about 20 minutes around the corner from me I'll go and check out the quality first.
That would be amazing to be able to do...

Our peoples are only separated by a common language and the stupid North Atlantic...

And FYI Mark is certainly handling things now. Im assuming there is a bit of miscommunication involved. I pointed him to this thread so hopefully he'll chime in!

And I woulnd't put D9 off just yet though, they seem to have quality products, i just caught them at the development stage on this one. Im sure if they just waited a few weeks to actually send the units they'd have been just what i was hoping for!

Then again if you're 20 minutes from Porscheshop thats another matter entirely
Old 04-28-2011, 01:56 PM
Paul RN
Advanced

You're probably right, I shouldn't discount D9 that easily (I'm so fickle!). Let us know how you get on
Old 04-28-2011, 11:04 PM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I honestly hope D9 can help you get that set working for you or whatever else you need (exchange, etc). I'd always heard good things about them and I'm sure this is just a fluke.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:31 PM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by FRporscheman
I honestly hope D9 can help you get that set working for you or whatever else you need (exchange, etc). I'd always heard good things about them and I'm sure this is just a fluke.
yeah Mark is really on the ball with this now. just waiting to hear back!
Old 05-02-2011, 12:59 AM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

Just received a PM from Mark at D9, hes sending the instructions now and pics will follow tomorrow.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:22 AM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

Still waiting on instructions, much less pictures... Now I'm starting to get less patient...
Old 05-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Andral951_S
Instructor

Going for stock units from the 993 at this point, Summer is here. No sense on waiting months for unfinished products.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:20 PM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

Ok I have some developments. No pictures yet from d9 but they just sent instructions... I'll play with them when I get home...
Old 05-09-2011, 11:00 PM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

so after messing about with the light units i discovered a little crack and also found that the provision for mounting the light will turn the light housing sideways... this is a problem since they are projectors with that little cut-off wall inside for the light pattern. The saga continues... I was kind of hoping Mark would chime in at some point publicly...
Old 05-09-2011, 11:01 PM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Andral951_S
Going for stock units from the 993 at this point, Summer is here. No sense on waiting months for unfinished products.
You could do what i should have done in the first place and buy Arash's units... that is if i don't cut my losses and grab those myself
Old 05-09-2011, 11:51 PM
ernie9468
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

Chris___26 long days of waiting & wondering and your still not better off than at day one.So there is only one cure to your headhachs .ASK FOR A REFUND /SEND THOSE DARN DUCTS BACK TO WHERE THEY COME FROM ,nobody but nobody should have to go througth that kind of hassle.Sorry it had to happen to you.

Quick Reply: Has anyone bought the Deutsche Nine fog light/brake duct yet?