Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Has anyone bought the Deutsche Nine fog light/brake duct yet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 09:22 PM
ernie9468
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by sydneyman2007
so i just picked up the D9 units. They didn't say how long it would take to ship though... I can't wait! Of course I'll post pics...
Can't hardly wait to see them install,and remember we got a deal going on (pretending that your have Alzeimer) won't help.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:27 PM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ernie9468
Can't hardly wait to see them install,and remember we got a deal going on (pretending that your have Alzeimer) won't help.
hahaha no i won't forget. But i think the D9 units work with the Euro signals... not 100% sure though. i'll let you know! In the meantime I need to call Sunset in the next few days, I can get a better idea on when to expect their next shipment...
Old 04-09-2011, 10:28 PM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ernie9468
(pretending that your have Alzeimer) won't help.
is it still pretending if i forget i don't have alzeimer's?
Old 04-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Paul RN
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hurry up!
Old 04-14-2011, 12:19 PM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

So i got the D9 units today. I'll preface this by saying that they have been great, shipping was very fast and they gave me a great deal on shipping because of our poor exchange rate... These are people who are good at customer service! (Thanks again Benjamin!)

That being said, they will involve a little more work than i thought would be necessary... As you can see in the pics, i have to sand and make attachment points and final prep stuff like that but i was warned it would be this way after they were shipped... no big deal, i can manage...

I sent Benjamin an email so hopefully he can get back to me so i can figure out how to install and then i'll post up final pics... in the meantime, the lights are too big for the "light holes" and theres no provision for mounting them that i can tell... other than the ducts and the light units, the only other item included was a piece of fiber and some metal grates that im assuming are for glass work? anyways here they are:
Attached Images      
Old 04-14-2011, 12:22 PM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

ok after looking at it for a second, i think those metal grates are to be bent into L shapes and then screwed into from the fog light through the tabs on the duct... or maybe the screws on either side of the fog light go directly into the tabs? hmmm
Old 04-14-2011, 12:23 PM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

whats weird is that the screws look like they should be horizontal while the tabs are placed vertically...

excited to get these on!
Old 04-14-2011, 02:42 PM
ernie9468
Drifting

Talking

whats weird is that the screws look like they should be horizontal while the tabs are placed vertically...

excited to get these on!
Take your time ,don't dive into it head first .If you need to glue or fasten any parts use this (Permatex fast Cure Epoxy). But be cautious, once it settle they is no way you can get it off so make sure it's at the rigth place, it's harder then steel but it will glue parts together don't matter what they are made off.

Last edited by ernie9468; 02-04-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:53 PM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

yeah thats the good stuff!

i was kind of hoping for the price these would be a little more plug and play though...
Old 04-14-2011, 09:19 PM
ernie9468
Drifting

Talking

yeah thats the good stuff!

i was kind of hoping for the price these would be a little more plug and play though...
Yes sometime what it seem to be (is not what it is) lol we are holding our breath here.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:35 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Shoulda just bought mine
Old 04-15-2011, 10:55 AM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by FRporscheman
Shoulda just bought mine
haha i know i know

I was hoping you wouldn't notice the pics

So i got an email back from D9, they haven't fitted one to their test car yet... so i have a prototype... They asked me to wait a week for fitting and then they'll send me the pics and instructions... not the plug and play product i was hoping for which kind of stinks since i paid full price on something thats not even fully developed yet. Oh well, they've been quick in returning emails the next day and have been honest with me when ive asked. just wish i knew all this before hand...
Lookin at you Arash

Old 04-15-2011, 12:17 PM
ernie9468
Drifting

haha i know i know

I was hoping you wouldn't notice the pics

So i got an email back from D9, they haven't fitted one to their test car yet... so i have a prototype... They asked me to wait a week for fitting and then they'll send me the pics and instructions... not the plug and play product i was hoping for which kind of stinks since i paid full price on something thats not even fully developed yet. Oh well, they've been quick in returning emails the next day and have been honest with me when ive asked. just wish i knew all this before hand...
Lookin at you Arash

How the hell can they sell you a product which hasn't been try & fitt to the car yet, do they think your a guinea pig ,prototype my "A",I would just return the darn things & get my money back & buy from Arash at least you know they will fitt.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:36 PM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

so ive sent another email to D9. ive asked for either a refund or if i could exchange mine for a pair thats ready to be primered. Im more than willing to wait for a good pair instead of trying to make these right. If you search for these units on their website they claim to be a "bolt-in" upgrade and ready for primer... i hope they see where im coming from and make it right.

I have to think it was a bit of a fluke lapse in judgement in sending these half finished units to me instead of waiting a week longer for ready made units...
Old 04-17-2011, 05:57 PM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

ok i just tried fitting them to the car as is without securing it or messing with cosmetic stuff. The tabs on the brake duct side are twice as wide as they should be for their corresponding hole in the bumper. because it doesn't go into that hole, it makes the other side not line up correctly. if i keep the units, these will have to be cut to fit. also, i hope its because of the one's side poor fitment, but the other side has some overlap with my euro signals... just a quick update. I think D9 might get back to me tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Has anyone bought the Deutsche Nine fog light/brake duct yet?