white face gauges

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 02:20 PM
BJH
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default white face gauges

hello,
I searched the threads and couldn't find anything recent so I figured I'd post .
I have NO affiliation with this company but I noticed they had really good prices.
I contacted them about a face kit for the 968 they told me they were working on one but would not speed up the process until several people were interested in them. this would also work for the 944/951 except for the rpms which they could make alternate kits for them. they sent me an email so I want to share it with you guys...as I said I'm NOT associated with them I just noticed the really good prices so I wanted to share with the rest of the community...

Hello brian,

Thank you for submitting a gauge request for a 1992 Porsche 968.

Our products are released by a customer request/demand basis so the more customer requests that we receive for an individual vehicle the quicker we release them. There are a couple different solutions for helping us release white gauges for your vehicle. Please keep in mind that we get 100's of gauge requests every week; if you filled out the gauge request and you are requesting a custom dash, gauge or color please send us an e-mail to custom@whitegauges.net. Also we please ask that all customers double check any cross reference models for your vehicle that may be available, we get a lot of gauge requests for vehicles we currently have white gauges for.

How can you help us release white gauges?

We offer 3 solutions for helping us release white gauges for your vehicle:

You can send us a spare cluster that you may have sitting around or a damaged cluster that is not currently working. The reason why we need a spare/damaged instrument cluster is fairly simple, we have to disassemble the cluster entirely and 9 times out of 10 the cluster is in non working condition when we are done with it.
If you don't need the cluster back you will receive a free set of white gauges in the mail.
If you need the cluster back you will need to pay for freight back to you and you will receive a free set of white gauges.
If your vehicle has illumination lighting that comes from the sides not the very back then we won't need a spare cluster. We take special care of the instrument cluster and gauges and for this style we don't have to disassemble the cluster entirely. To tell if you have the side illuminated style is easy, if your entire instrument cluster lights up and looks like the illumination is coming from the sides then you have the side illumination style. The other version would be after 1980+ and illuminates from the back, the lighting comes through the faces which lights up the numbers and markings not the entire dash.
Your cluster will be professionally installed by us and sent back to you for $65. However we need to approve this and give you an estimated completion date. For this service you can e-mail us at design@whitegauges.net.
If the first two don't work for you and you don't want to wait ages for white gauges for your vehicle there is a simple solution you can try. If you are an active member of any forum pertaining for your vehicle you can post a thread about our service. You will be surprised on how many people out there that are willing to send in a spare or broken cluster for a cool mod for their vehicle.
Please note: Due to the amount of request we receive we usually don't send a response to any gauge request other then this e-mail. Once we have the white gauges available for the 1992 Porsche 968 we will contact you and send you the URL to the product page.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't think many people here would be interested, unless you had a white car-and even then it's a little 'ricey' for the RL 968 crowd.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:58 PM
JDS968
Bannana Shine
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 219 Posts

Please no. The orange-on-black gauges are one of the best things about the 968 interior. As far as I'm concerned, ALL gauges should be black faced.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:29 AM
MN
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ALL gauges should be black faced.
Certainly would be nice to have a choice.

Last edited by MN; 03-06-2011 at 04:50 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:58 PM
968CS_HKG
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Brain

Try this, http://www.porscheshop.co.uk/acatalo...dial_kits.html

Quick Reply: white face gauges