968 Forum 1992-1995

CR-1 Radio

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 01:12 PM
SteveG
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 77 Posts
Question CR-1 Radio

Anyone care to give opinions on the CR-1. I understand the CR-1 is factory with the 968. The aftermarket radio the PO put in my 928 is marginal. I'm thinking of replacing it with the CR-1, assuming it fits the slot. My sound demands are not supercritical; I should say I want sound, not bells and whistles, but I'm not impressed with the present Kenwood. I guess I'm some kind of purist because having "Porsche" on the radio has some appeal as long as it performs well. Also, what are the access "code" issues. the seller of the CR-1 says he can get the code, but doesn't have it installed. I appreciate any thoughts on this radio.
Old 04-11-2003, 03:08 PM
brianh
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

I like the CR-1... It does everything I need and is very intuitive. Reception is good and works with an aftermarket Alpine m-bus changer I installed later. To my mind it's a good thing that it lacks glitzy flashing LEDs and with the Porsche emblem you know it fits.

I've had previous experiences with Kenwood, Blaupunkt, Alpine units etc. but the CR-1 has been the least fuss of them all.

Gets my thumbs up...

brianh
'94 968
Old 04-15-2003, 12:08 AM
Randal
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steve
I wanted to keep my car looking factory stock inside so I replaced the door speakers with RS 5 1\2 compont speakers replaced the rears with a hi end 6 1\2 triaxels added in the rear wheel a Alpine 6 disk cd changer (they have a cable that mates right to the CR-1
and added a Puch 420 watt sub amp in the other well. This allows me to turn down the bass **** on the radio , and frees up amp power to produce mids and highs
I have a very great sounding system that looks just like it did. and now I can play tapes or CDs. I like the CR-1 very much

Randal

Quick Reply: CR-1 Radio