968 Forum 1992-1995

anyone supercharged a 968 ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2001, 04:56 PM
phil@tech9
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post anyone supercharged a 968 ?

I am interested to hear from anybody that has supercharged a 968, and discuss the pros and cons of the conversion
Old 11-13-2001, 08:22 PM
Tabor
Drifting

Huntley Racing and Speed Force Racing are working on superchargers for the 968. I don't know when they will have a kit available. To my knowledge, Huntley has a working prototype, and Speed Force is in the pre-prototype stage.

There is only one person I know of that has a functioning Supercharged 968, and he is here.

P.S. - If you haven't already, check out 968.net. There is currently a thread in their discussion forum about supercharging. Note- Their forum takes a long time to load.
Old 11-14-2001, 04:30 AM
phil@tech9
Advanced

Tabor,

Thanks for the lead, I will follow it up!
Old 01-01-2002, 02:33 PM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

Tabor,

You are correct in a way. SFR and HR are working on the kit. Niether have a 'working" prototype though. We have a complete 8 valve kit that we have finished and are fine tuning. Infact, its faster than a stock 951! i'm driving back and forth from work everyday...about a 50 mile round trip and am having a blast in it :-) We are 95% done with our S2 kit...HR is 90% complete on their "finished' kit, by this I man they have a 'prototype" but all the parts are now being sent out to be c&C'd for the final finished unit that HR says will be ready for the street soon. As for the 968. We arlready have the donor car, and the supercharger will be one of two types, that part we need to figure out. i looked at the link above but could not see the sc on the engine, no pully's or anything...how do they have their unit mounted? If you go to our site, you can plainly see the entire installed kit, with intercooler and vented nose panel.

take Care!
Old 01-02-2002, 08:27 PM
Tabor
Drifting

Originally posted by John Anderson:
<STRONG>i looked at the link above but could not see the sc on the engine, no pully's or anything...how do they have their unit mounted?</STRONG>
The site owner is a poster to 968.net, you could ask him.
Old 01-08-2002, 12:28 PM
Michael Handreck
Intermediate

John,

Here's a challenge for SFR: Why not develop a supercharger kit for the 928?

I'm sure especially owners of the older 928 models would be interested. Personally, I wouldn't mind adding some substantial HP to my GTS...

Go for it ;-)
Old 01-08-2002, 03:04 PM
Huntley Racing
Racer

Thumbs up

Huntley Racing's 16V Supercharger kit Stage I is done, as in completly finished. We are waiting on the CNC manifolds to be finished. But there are no changes to the kit other than from the hand fabricated manifold to the CNC billet ones. The Stage II will likely be done by the weekend, we are tuning it now. Anyone interested in in getting one of the first kits should call ASAP!

Quick Reply: anyone supercharged a 968 ?