Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Huntley 968 Supercharger Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2002 | 11:46 PM
Dan968
Track Day

Post Huntley 968 Supercharger Kit

Thought I'd post this over here as well in case there were any 968ers on Rennlist who don't regularly check 968.net.

I bit the bullet and put a deposit down on a Huntley supercharger the other day. So - I guess I'll be the 968.net guinea pig for the Huntley side of things (although according to Derrek I'm already 7th on the waiting list). Decided to not push things at first and so only went with the stage I kit to see how it goes. I know there's been a lot of talk out there about both SFR and Huntley and while I like the way SFRs kits look, after the long drive to Hershey in 90 degree heat I decided that I needed to retain my a/c for those rare times when I actually need it. So, I will post my experiences with Huntley as things move along so everyone can benefit from what happens (hopefully all will be positive). At this point, they are waiting for the owner of the prototype car to come back to the shop and be fitted with the production manifold and to wrap up the remaining details, so there hasn't been a definitive delivery date established yet. Derrek said they will possibly send the installation manuals out to those of us on the waiting list so we have a chance to look through things ahead of time. Stay tuned for further details and updates.
Old 04-29-2002 | 05:11 PM
Tom Pultz
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Dan, I'm curious what, if any, liability Huntley Racing will assume should you install this kit and proceed to blow your engine sky high. Do you have to sign some kind of waiver that exempts them from any engine damage due to faulty design?

This sounds interesting... I'm glad someone is finally taking the plunge.
Old 04-29-2002 | 09:08 PM
Dan968
Track Day

Tom - excellent question. I know the parts for the kit are warranted (can't remember for sure but I believe it was 1 year). Having some kind of warranty from Huntley would be great... I'm not going to hold my breath for it, but I'll find out for sure the next time I talk to Derrek. I'm very curious to talk with the guy who owns the prototype. His contact information is supposed to be released shortly.

P.S. They're already shipping the S2 kits.
Old 05-02-2002 | 08:27 PM
J Anderson
AutoX

This might be of interest to you guys.

<a href="http://63.136.85.109/forum/default.asp" target="_blank">http://63.136.85.109/forum/default.asp</a>
Old 05-02-2002 | 11:13 PM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

I forgot to add, click on the modifications link, then search for the Huntley Racing super charger thread (should be on top).

Good luck everyone.

Quick Reply: Huntley 968 Supercharger Kit