Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Will these wheels fit my car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010 | 11:24 PM
mikew968
Rennlist Member

I run 18x10's on the race car all the way around with 285-30-18. The fronts are tight but no issue in the rear. I would think the 18's will have a fairly harsh ride!!
Old 12-07-2010 | 12:36 AM
mtnspeed
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FRporscheman
Give me the widths and offsets for your current wheels. Also measure the space between your wheel/tire and the inside of the fender. Use whatever you can, caliper, ruler, your finger. Then I'll crunch some more numbers.
I am out of town traveling till late this weekend, so don't think I am ignoring you, just the car is tucked in my garage right now.
Old 12-07-2010 | 12:39 AM
mtnspeed
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mikew968
I run 18x10's on the race car all the way around with 285-30-18. The fronts are tight but no issue in the rear. I would think the 18's will have a fairly harsh ride!!
It already rides harsh. I can't imagine it making that much difference. I moved to 19"s on my Beemer and the ride got better....granted, I went from runflats to standard tires, so it's not really a good comparison.

I just like the looks to the 18's better, but the Cup II's have steadily grown on me the more I look at it. Starting to talk myself out of it.
Old 12-07-2010 | 12:43 AM
mtnspeed
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PorscheG96
Hey Clayton, I'm stoked to hear that you're enjoying the 968. It's the best one I've ever had by far. Agree that it's so much fun to drive! I missed it yesterday...

I think the Speedlines and BBS LM are much better looking wheels than the SSR GT3 but they also cost 2-3x more than the SSR GT3! I really like the original 17" wheels actually, and tires in that size are so cheap. Why don't you just spend $400 and replace the rears to pass inspection then wait for the right wheels to come along?
The thought has crossed my mind. I do like the SSR's though. Wish I could see them on a 968 first though. I have basically ruled out the 3.6...one, they are simply too much money....in regards to the BBS....love them as well, its a toss up for me, just missed a good deal on a set of LM's. I stumbled onto the SSR's and like them, but am struggling with the decision. I assume if I don't like them, someone else will for sure here.
Old 12-07-2010 | 06:09 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mtnspeed
I am out of town traveling till late this weekend, so don't think I am ignoring you, just the car is tucked in my garage right now.
Not at all. Safe trip!

Quick Reply: Will these wheels fit my car?