968 Forum 1992-1995

Dun-duda-da-da I'm back!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 02:24 PM
Lord_Galva
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
Welcome back. Very sharp looking car! And to everyone posting in this thread, please keep the thread clean and on track.

Thank you
Old 10-23-2010, 03:39 PM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

i thought about just pming this but i think it needs to be said "out loud."

Galva, FWIW, i don't think you're a bad person, it just seems you handle delicate situations in the worst way possible. maybe in the future you will come under less ridicule if you censor your comments and think about how what you write may be interpretted. it may not seem like it matters but I think it'll go a long way if you wish to join any community that's aware of your handling of your incident. I hope you understand what you did here and what you're causing now by coming back without even an apology or word of remorse for those that felt they were taken advantage of. (much less the main person involved)I think if you speak openly one way or another it will help your status here...

done lecturing...

With that being said, I truly like the car. With the exception of the seats, thats where I plan on taking my 968. Mine's black though so Im thinking a burnt orange set of cup 1's(c2 turbo btw) and an orange 911 style club sport fender decal...

good luck...
Old 10-23-2010, 03:50 PM
FraMac
Advanced

Originally Posted by sydneyman2007
Mine's black though so Im thinking a burnt orange set of cup 1's(c2 turbo btw) and an orange 911 style club sport fender decal...

good luck...
Nice. I've got a set of scavenged Recaro Pole Chairs in my (black) clubsport, which I plan to get recovered in leather (I've been waiting for them to get sufficiently worn to justify the ££) black leather, Porsche badge stiched into the back, with 986 CS under or over.

With the BBS Le Mans wheels on the car and gold scripts, thought I'd get the stitching finished in gold and silver. Sounds a bit lairy, should be OK tho'.

I hope

Old 10-23-2010, 04:08 PM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

^very cool! my seats are a little iffy right now as well (standard brown leather seats) so thats the first step for me. Same problem though... Not an insignificant amount of money...

Man I like the way that car sounds! Have any pics handy? I think the stitching would look fine. and definitely have 968CS under the badge
Old 10-23-2010, 04:27 PM
FraMac
Advanced

^very cool! my seats are a little iffy right now as well (standard brown leather seats) so thats the first step for me. Same problem though... Not an insignificant amount of money...

Man I like the way that car sounds! Have any pics handy? I think the stitching would look fine. and definitely have 968CS under the badge
Any excuse to post a picture my friend:-

the early pics have silver scripts and don't feature the splitter - It's a work in progress....

Supercharged to produce 370 brake - I love my car.

Let me know what you do with your seats - I've been quoted £600 to get mine done - think I'll wait 'til after Christmas!
Old 10-23-2010, 06:06 PM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

wow thats beautiful! i really like those bbs wheels on a black car... i have to do some real soul searching now... in any case ive got a few more pictures saved on the computer now! thanks!
Old 10-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Lord_Galva
Burning Brakes

FraMac your car looks AWESOME!
Those Recaro's look really comfy.
I was thinking of putting the seats I currently have in the 968 in my Audi project/race car.
What did those seats run?
Old 10-23-2010, 09:13 PM
Shamus
Rennlist Member

i thought about just pming this but i think it needs to be said "out loud."

good luck...
Well said.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:37 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Lord_Galva
I was thinking of putting the seats I currently have in the 968 in my Audi project/race car....

i talked to the seller o(in arizona) of that car 3 years ago. almost purchased it as a parts car because it was so cheap... and had so many issues then... the white wheels and clubsport decal looked as fully horrid then as now. sand blast them and pull the gawdy clubsport decal.

for the seats, 10 dollar Plasticote vinyl paint. in black. about 5 or 6 very light coats. let dry completely before each coat.... or use dye from the center of big fat scripto permanent markers cut in half with a hack saw.

that's the best way to end the horrible red seat fail. the result will be very clean.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:13 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Note to self: never **** off rennlist.

Second note to self: never post a pic with my face in it.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:36 AM
FraMac
Advanced

Originally Posted by Lord_Galva
FraMac your car looks AWESOME!
Those Recaro's look really comfy.

What did those seats run?
Cheers - it's not eveyone's cup of tea, but I'm very fond of it.

The chairs are Recaro Poles which are very similar to the Clubsport seat with the moulded, colour coded backs that you find in some CS cars (but the Poles have a flat back - no moulding).

They are very comfortable - once you're in them you won't be sliding anywhere. We drive to Le Mans each year to watch the 24 hour (car) racing - about 500 miles each way, and neither my wife or I have ever had any back issues from the drive. Additionally the car accommodates all of our luggage (we camp there) so it's practical on a number of levels.

Cost wise I bought the seats separately (hence they don't match!) and paid I think about ££ sterling 350 for each seat, including the subframe.

They're a doddle to fit - sub bolts straight in to the floor with no mod required.

I spent a while looking for genuine CS seats, but all the pairs I saw were north of £1000 sterling, and some were in shocking condition.

I'll try and sort some pics of the rear seat delete this afternoon.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:40 AM
FraMac
Advanced

wow thats beautiful! i really like those bbs wheels on a black car... i have to do some real soul searching now... in any case ive got a few more pictures saved on the computer now! thanks!
Thanks, and you're most very welcome - if you need any specific pics let me know and I'llsee if I have them or take some.

Thanks again for your interest
Old 10-24-2010, 02:27 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by FRporscheman

Mobil 1 0w-40 winter. Mobil 1 15w-50 summer.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:30 AM
Lord_Galva
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by odurandina
i talked to the seller o(in arizona) of that car 3 years ago. almost purchased it as a parts car because it was so cheap... and had so many issues then... the white wheels and clubsport decal looked as fully horrid then as now. sand blast them and pull the gawdy clubsport decal.

that's the best way to end the horrible red seat fail. the result will be very clean.
I found the issues a very cheap fix. It would have been a shame to scrap such a rare color car.
I love the seats, wheels, and the decals.
Hence, why I bought the car.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:15 PM
future
Banned

Welcome back. Very sharp looking car! And to everyone posting in this thread, please keep the thread clean and on track.
I’ll do my best Rob

Thank you
^ F**k you

FraMac - I’ve seen your car parked around the back of Allens Chartered Accountants off the A6 in Stockport whom are my accountants ... Stunning looking car mate You're located close to me

Second note to self: never post a pic with my face in it.
LOL – That’s the best policy Sir

Quick Reply: Dun-duda-da-da I'm back!