Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Did dim instrument lights fix...found PO BS!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 11:34 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

Raj, i wish i could have gone over a couple of those issues with you before i removed my instrument panel... the oil, brake fluid light work, temp guage, oil pressure guage work fine. they're fairly important, so, i read them.

i forgot to mention, i removed a light that would not go off. the wiper washer light !!

don't think i would ever sell my 968 under any circumstances. i could have had a Cayman with a Turbo for the money i'll have in this car.... but the hatchback design is something that i could never part with. very utilitarian... can throw boards in the car, surf gear, luggage... just having too much fun driving it everywhere.

this week i'll change out my sway bar bushings, power steering high pressure (pump to rack) line, transmission oil for the third time since i've had the car, @ 20 k miles and oil @ 11 k miles. (i did the oil filter at 5,400 miles) but i've decided the mobil 1 i'm using maybe shouldn't be pushed much past 11 or 12 k miles...

anyway, the brake light is gone.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:58 PM
JDS968
Bannana Shine
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
The chime/buzzer/gong is a relay under the dash and does not require you to remove the dash to install one.
I wasn't talking about removing the dash to install the chime thing, it was so I could clean off and re-silver the light pipes to the gauge cluster, and replace the bulbs or convert to LEDs.

EDIT: And I should probably mention that I DO have that relay...it's probably just long dead. I should probably pull it out, is there any way to bench-test it? Like one blade that needs 12V and another blade that needs ground?
Old 10-11-2010, 12:34 AM
Grandpa#3
Three Wheelin'

Location: Hawkinsville / Perry, Georgia, RETIRED USAF GO BLUE
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those of you that want to Brighten Up your Dash Gages check out the link below. It is on a 944, but the same gage setup is on the 968. A too bright of bulb will burn up the plastic light shroud.

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...e-writeup.html

Cheers,
Larry

Quick Reply: Did dim instrument lights fix...found PO BS!!