968 Forum 1992-1995

Scratch on Driver Side Mirror Holding

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 05:36 PM
miramar_trieste
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scratch on Driver Side Mirror Holding

Just got my car back and it has a 4 inch scratch from left to right on the outside of the mirror housing!!!

I tried buffing it out with a compound but it didn't work. I have a black 93 Coupe. Any idea how I can remove this and where I can find the products.

It's pi**ing me off! lol
Old 09-17-2010, 08:38 PM
ernie9468
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

I've learn one thing over the years from detailing car,scratchs are scratchs & no matter how much you'll spend on so call miracle scratch removal product they will show .If the scratch is white try hiding with touch-up paint that you get mixe at a car paint supply shop or body shop, give them your paint code # an usually they will mixe you small bottle for aprox $10.00 this way it will match your car color.If your is like mine a water base paint you'll have to find a shop that can mixe such paint.Other then that the only solution is to remove the mirror & get it paint.Good luck
Old 09-18-2010, 12:50 AM
miramar_trieste
Instructor

Thanks for the tips...I went to a detail place they told me the same thing...it was so upsetting - I ended up going to Canadian Tire and bought a 2 in 1 paint touch up ball point with universal black color...

I put some on and it did a pretty good job...I'm going to wash and buff the car tomorrow fully and see how it looks...

I just got it back from being in the shop for a week to get my strut replaced on the left side, and also fix a minor oil leak...something must have happened either some ahole keyed it, or someone with a zipper rubbed against it....

I'm very meticulous and I know for sure it wasn't there when I brought it in...
Old 09-18-2010, 12:05 PM
ernie9468
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Ya! this is a PITA you get your car in a shop it gets out of there with scratchs,next time make sure you go around the car with the shop manager pointing out where your car is scratch ,if they is new one when you get your car back then his responsible for it,I'll say 75% of the time belts buckle are the culprit ,or leaning on the car with small tools in your back pockets .Anyway hope it turn out good for you,will like to know where your from, must be Canadian since your buying at CT.You should also put your avatar & signatur up to date.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:45 PM
miramar_trieste
Instructor

Thanks Ernie...yeah you are right I should have done that...I feel horrible today the car's real first scratch...it looks a little better with the touch up paint....I gotta suck it up. lol

Quick Reply: Scratch on Driver Side Mirror Holding