Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Brake rotors.

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 04:51 PM
jritt
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never used them, for all I know they COULD be amazing...but advertisements for unheard of brands which make suspiciously exaggerated claims are...well...suspicious!

Okay, I admit it, I just don't like them because they can't spell "porous"
Just an FYI...these pads are manufactured in France by Carbone Lorraine. As their global distribution increased, they decided to go by the name, "CL Brakes." Presumably, this was to avoid the 47 different potential pronunciation issues. After being in the brake business and listening to people stumble over the name Pagid for the millionth time, I'm actually quite relieved that they made the change.

CL has had very good success in Europe, and were actually on Sebastien Loeb's 2009 championship winning Citroen in WRC. They have been a popular manufacturer of motorcycle pads in the USA for a number of years, but started out making brakes for military applications and high speed trains.

My company is now importing and distributing them in North America, and we just launched them into the automotive market this spring. The email referred to in this thread is from one of our resellers who recently tried the pads (and liked them). I'm currently speaking with some of this site's sponsors about picking up the line for distribution.

Post edited - commercial ads are a privilege reserved for site sponsors. (Bob R)
Old 05-13-2010, 03:40 PM
notthd
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 168 Posts

The two I have had for say DEs and light track events and street I liked the metal masters the best. I have used the Hawks HPS and felt they performed great but after extended street use with no track time in between they sweak (more than expected) . Once they started it was like you could scrub them but the frenquency of sweaking became more frequent. Someone else may be able to chime in as to why....

I just remembered. I have new OE rotors and metal master brakes new on the shelf.... hummmm. Good luck with the search.

Cheers, Mike
Old 05-14-2010, 01:07 PM
JDS968
Bannana Shine
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 219 Posts

I think the HPS compound is just a bit noisy, no real "fix" for that, but some people have better results than others.

Quick Reply: Brake rotors.