968 Forum 1992-1995

Lawsuit progress

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Matt Sheppard
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've represented myself on several cases and prevailed in each case.

Ultimately, perhaps, seeking representation is good advice, it's just pricey.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:07 AM
notthd
Rennlist Member

Received 302 Likes on 168 Posts

MAn... this has dragged out. I hope all the frustration has been worth it. I had a case under different circumstances that my attorney told me "we can fight it, it is going to drag out, put your job at risk with all the apperences, and in the end cost you more in fees that you will get in rewards. BUT you will have made your point- your call"

I bit the bullet, shed my pride and walked away. ..... sure made my X happy but oh well.

I hope you receive more than satisfaction for all your troubles- I wish you the best.

Cheers, Mike
Old 07-24-2010, 11:46 AM
rdhayward
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lost my appeal yesterday. So bummed. It genuinely came down to my refusal to sell the Porsche in order to have money to afford a trial transcript.

http://www.sconet.state.oh.us/rod/do...-ohio-3438.pdf
Old 03-20-2012, 12:36 AM
sperberj
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think you did the right thing

I know its late for this post but I think you did the right thing. Too many people allow themselves to get reamed in our "unique" legal system without a fight. Wait a bit--you have learned how to beat the system the next time around. Always use arbitration if possible and always treat the case as a battle of attrition. Make them suffer at each turn and make them pay more than you. Use the State and other resources. If you lost you can always file all the appropriate complaints with the typical report agencies.

Naw----you did GREAT and my compliments. Oh--and just how much money do you think they lost paying their lawyer, taking time away from their jobs and all around aggravation? You did great and should be complimented. I salute you!

Quick Reply: Lawsuit progress