968 Forum 1992-1995

968 turbo rs replica

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 05:23 PM
gilbert83
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

All equipment is stored, the car is at his post, ready for operations
Removal and replacement of the pivots; New pins and strengthened that just ship the Dutch of "Race For Fun" on reading my mishaps !! It's really super nice and promised, I will change these parts before each season. Harry still thank you !!!
wing polyester repair by a friend who tinker well this material (it entirely refurbished a 12m cabin cruiser)
Implementation of new bindings globes headlights because the old were not top.
Replacement of overfill of the flexible reservoir dice their arrival and especially establishment of wedges preventing any lateral displacement of the caisson.
A little bit of occupation will do me good ...... last summer, it was Marcos Mantis who had filled my summer days with its rehabilitation of the Transmission support !!!!

Old 07-20-2016, 01:55 PM
gilbert83
Racer

Some shopping towards Oreca this morning between swims in the pool ... small works ....
Addition of aluminum sleeves on filling hoses / refoulement which were too short.

Indeed hose purchased did not meet me, too late and too soft compared to the existing makes 5mm thick !!

The cash tank is keyed a support by side

and making of a shim on the other

then filling expanding foam. After drying it will cut flush and I would cover this joint with aluminum tape.

Changing headlight globes fasteners and addition of a third mounting point. It's still more "race" that the tape bits.

Tonight barbeuc with youth friends .................. waiting pivots from Holland .....
Old 07-21-2016, 02:41 PM
gilbert83
Racer

After the barbeuc of last night,

the morning was a little short, just the pleasure of clean and safe AR tinkering around the fuel tank Not the same for a.m; things are more serious ..... Dry dock equipment of the front 968 and dismantling of pivots. First the right and it came without worries

then turn left, which had been repaired. Not the same as the upper part that had broken was drilled / tapped and a screw held on the central body of the pivot; but by removing the clip on the ball of the triangle, it's all that revolved !! In short, disqueuse, flat spot to pass a key and an hour after it was dismantled.

We expect the pivots of Holland now.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:54 AM
gilbert83
Racer

Waiting Magny-Cours, small retrospective on Pau -Arnos with some pictures taken by the photographer of Porsche Motorsport Club
Running series "yellow" Friday

yellow flag, front left pivot just broke right out of that tight right that is taken at low speed !!! AV steering cremaillere open to 120 °, the edge of grassy runway will allow me to stop the car without touching the rail !!!!

Back under the Barnum and it will be finished for this meeting .....

But we will keep the moral with friends while mécaniquant a bit to make the rolling car

Old 07-26-2016, 05:14 AM
gilbert83
Racer

A little time to kill, and we took the opportunity to improve the insulation of parts and parts of the engine compartment

First the intake plenum passes just above the turbo. He had already received its insulating sock hot body.

Making a protection throttle position switch.

And by the way, tightening the screws of the junction pipe flange / turbo; indeed, one was completely unscrewed !!! As before with the studs which have been replaced. Will have to control it after each session.

Reconditioning of insulation of the box receiving the oil tank because it was starting to peel recoveries

And we are still waiting pivots mailed
Old 07-28-2016, 08:31 AM
gilbert83
Racer

The small package arrived !!! 2 pivots, new model, reinforced.

very nice gesture of goodwill Race For Fun as it is "gift". Thank you for this band of enthusiasts who maintains and prepares a myriad of PMA for the Benelux.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:20 PM
gilbert83
Racer

A little exercise this afternoon ...... Reassembly new pivots

New attaching brake flexible because the leg of the Intrax not the ad hoc bracket

It puts the wheels .... a small exterior cleaning and the car is ready for his passage on deck tomorrow afternoon for Bleeding Brakes, a verification of tightening the bolts in general and rehabilitation of insulation some turbo manifolds and exhaust that have suffered through repeated assembly and disassembly.

Old 07-29-2016, 10:05 AM
Eric_Oz_S2
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Great reading your thread. Looks like you have put a lot of work into the car.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:18 PM
gilbert83
Racer

Originally Posted by Eric_Oz_S2
Great reading your thread. Looks like you have put a lot of work into the car.
yes, and I still ..........
Old 07-29-2016, 06:00 PM
gilbert83
Racer

Even small problems that made the planned program has not been fully realized !!! Indeed, the car was just on deck, barely engine off when a gasoline odor was felt !!!! A resurgence of gasoline was done just in passing hoses through the compartment floor ???? Separate the hoses to see which of leaking

Unbelievable, gasoline out through the stainless steel braided hose the 4th !!! Removing a small to / from Oreca located next door, reassembly of the new hose

And motor !!! stop the leak, this really weird crack that would be made inside the armature !! 5 years for armed hose is it too ??? We redo the sealing of the bottom of the passage and is attached hoses to one another

We attack the Bleeding Brakes and got to the front caliper right, messed steam trap and impossible to unscrew !!! patience, patience, it comes, it is replaced by another fair size bigger !!

Finally it is good everything is OK but the clock scrolled and we must liberate the lift .... too bad for repairs on the insulation of exhausts. A little vacation ... we will take it within 10 days .......
Old 08-12-2016, 12:29 PM
gilbert83
Racer

A J-14 of Magny-Cours, a little taf on the left front fender that suffered when winching on the tow truck to Pau.
3 layers of fiberglass + resin inside the fender at the right of the 3 lacerations and it has again become "hard as iron" !!! Will remain to do some cosmetic this winter to restart "clean".

Then we went the replacement of the manual hydraulic pump of the trailer. The original pump had a sealing defect at the piston.

Auto and trailer are "able" in the service !!!! 2 short weeks, it goes fast ...........
Old 08-24-2016, 11:27 AM
gilbert83
Racer

Final preparations .... loading the 968 on the trailer ...... Aboard the equipment in the Chevrolet and handing all this in the shadow, ready for a 8:00 start tomorrow morning ...... ... Direction .... Magny Cours !!!!

Old 08-28-2016, 08:13 AM
Eric_Oz_S2
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope the weekend went well for you. Looks like good weather.

I hope you can post some photos of the weekend.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:07 PM
gilbert83
Racer

Thursday, August 25 a.m end, we take possession of our room at the Mercure Nevers Sacred .......... Our view !!

And once we file the racetrack mount our base camp .......... or we will find our brothers in arms !!

Little Night recovery and we are Friday for the car driving day and timed practice in the late afternoon
The car parks are filled !!

968 is ready !!!

Briefing at 9 am and at 9:30 am First Session ...... It's already 30 ° C on the track !!!!
Difficult to drive "clear" because a lot of people with us in the yellow series .... the route comes to mind (made in 2013 with my GT3) but impossible to approach the 2'05 "that I had set (the time of my GT3 !!) at best a 2'10 "
11:30, second session and the T ° rose again !!! It is in a heat wave; not good for the turbos that !!! no improvement in time !!!

Lunch break and I decided to change my wheel with new MSC2. Thank you to Michelin stand at 10mn change me that my front tires; for rear axle, the tires were already on my BBS (for the record, loading the trailer Thursday, I noticed that the tire or rim BBS front axle leaked !!)

14:15, briefing race for BRM Sport Cup and I have just time after starting to do ten laps in To break in new tires. But already I felt a sacred difference in grip !!!

5:35 p.m., qualifying .......... finally the justice shall will talk
You end up with a pack of GT4 and GT4 Sport Cup "normal !!! The Classics are sparse: 4 competitors !!!!
15mn pass quickly and ...... verdict 2'04 "!!! I exceeded my personal goal. Better than my GT3 But I leave tomorrow at end of line

The test video will follow ............
Old 08-28-2016, 06:13 PM
gilbert83
Racer

The video of the qualifying ..................

Quick Reply: 968 turbo rs replica