IceShark battery cables...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 01:51 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IceShark battery cables...

Hey 968 guys- never meant to leave any of you out. I'm about to be on 968 forums w/this, but for now, until IceShark's actual remaining inventory is gone, I am posting on RL about it. When it's gone, I'm not sure what will happen, but at this point, I'm down to enouhg stuff for about 10 total kits. the 968s are the same in this way, except for a slightly longer main [+] cable- if any of you want a kit, please PM me. I've done a few headlight harnesses too, but evidently, your cars are a lot dif in that way & do not need the light improvement nearly as much as 951's in the first place.

so, at this point, here are a few pics- I just got some red Exflex for hte [+] cables, but can also do them all in black, for anyone who prefers. There's only enough red for ~7 more kits it looks like... so, first come first serve. Seems that a few people really want only black, though, so it's not that important. Prices have dropped a little & are down to $310- I'm including everything that Dan did, plus a few things, & this would be ~$40 cheaper than his last price, if he had allowed Paypal. My price of $310 includes Paypal AND S&H (to anywhere in continental US).

I just wanted to share some pics & let you guys know, that you are not left out...

thanks a lot,
Robby
Attached Images     
Old 07-12-2008, 06:56 AM
earossi
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

How much longer in length is the positive cable and can you just supply that part of the kit? If so, what would be your pricing. This is for the 968. Lastly, why is the cable longer than the 944?
Old 07-12-2008, 07:52 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

I will sell any or all cables as well as any parts needed to help you w/building your own, etc, no matter how large or small. will do supplemental grounds by themselves or whatever you need. I'm glad to help & am currently working w/several peolple on getting them some small, misc parts so they can build their own, although that's pretty tough to do realistically, unless you just LIKE doing stuff like that & have access to large gauge crimpers, cutters, etc...

I'd have to check my notes to give you an exact # & they're not here- can do it late Sunday if you need....? My main battery to starter [+] was pretty badly cracked in some places- that's how fires can become a reality- the cables crack where you can't SEE them- this cable runs behind the engine, so you never get a chance to see &/or inspect it, & it cracks from excessive heat over YEARS of use- most 951s are >20yrs old now. By the time one learns of a prob, it's too late. That's why Dan made the kits.

Anyway, mine was bad & I cut it in a few places for inspection, etc, so measuring is tough. But, I found that Dan's cable was longer- did not know why- I THINK he was making them all to the length of 968's for simplicity. I did not know this & I started making them shorter, for 4 dif reasons.

Well, I sold a kit to a fellow RLer here, for his 968. It turns out, that he got one of my newer, shorter ones & when he went to install it, it barely reached, even taking a shorter route- he didn't mind this, but preferred not to. So, when he told me about it, I asked him to measure his stock cable to find exactly what he needed. We hit it perfectly & IIRC, the length was 82" or 83" (the way I measure) & I THINK my 951 was 71" or 72".

The reason, evidently, is that you guys have a dif clutch & bellhousing set-up, unique to the 968.

If you want any separate cables, etc, just PM me & we'll get detailed info on what you want & what price will be, etc. No problem!
Old 07-12-2008, 10:35 AM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Highly recommend these cables and Robby is great to deal with, solved a few issues with one of my 968s and I have a second set ready to go in the other one.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:17 PM
stolarzj
Burning Brakes

Same here, highly recommended. I was actually the one we found the cable was to short on. My best guess at the difference between the 944 and 968 cable was the bell housing. The PET actually lists a different part number for the 968 vs the 944 for the cable from the battery to the starter. There is also a different part number for the TIP 968's, so I'm not to sure of what size cable that one needs, that ones still a question mark. But I'm sure Robby would be glad to work with a TIP owner to work out any issues if there are any with the length.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:23 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Josh- yes, you were the one- didn't know if I should mention you by name, but glad you brought it up- ESPECIALLY the TIP part as I had no idea on that one, until just now. But yes, I would be glad to work w/someone on that. BTW- I still owe you a few bucks on S&H since you sent that [+] back to me. How much was it & I'll get it to you....? As for anyone w/a Tip tranny, there are several ways we could do it & I'll pay for any extra S&H that is beyond the original to get it to you.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:16 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Oh, just in case there is any question here- I DID get permission to do this from John D. I'm actually considering becoming a sponsor, but this is really the end of Dan Wray's final inventory. I've only had to buy a few misc pieces to finish it all up- mainly the fuses. Still, we're down to ~7 or 8 total kits, it looks like, so when it's gone, I'll either be out of it, or, will have to become a sponsor. This depends on a lot of things at this time... Just wanted everyone to know, though, that I do have permission & while it may look like this has gone on for a long time, that's b/c it's mainly been done in several stages, spaced months apart.

Anyway, I'm down to ~8 total kits left- if you have not sent Paypal, or do not have an understanding worked out w/me where I have specifically said "I have a kit being held for you" or something similar, then you need to get w/me on Paypal, etc, if you want in....

thanks a lot,
Robby

Quick Reply: IceShark battery cables...