968 Forum 1992-1995

yearly costs

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 03:16 PM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I put 25K miles on mine in the first year. Looking at another 20K miles this year. I just cant see buying a car and not driving it.
In the first 18 months of ownership I did clutch, DMF, PP, all clutch hydraulics, Cam chain and pads, Tires, cap rotor wires plugs, all fluids, some bushings and castor blocks.

I was lucky that I got all service records with the car. It was bought, serviced and sold at the same dealer from day 1. New pinon bearing and a complete rebuild on the trans.

I do all my own wrenching (other than cam chain and pads). So this has kept my costs down. IMHO this car is very easy to work on.

There are a bunch of other upgrades I did along the way, but I will never add my receipts.3
I would never consider it an investment, it is more like a uninvestment. So, long as I get joy with each gear shift, cost of ownership is worth it to me.

As a side note: I am looking forward to more DE and auto-x next spring. I had a great time doing them last year.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:50 PM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokiemon944
I put 25K miles on mine in the first year. Looking at another 20K miles this year. I just cant see buying a car and not driving it.
I would never consider it an investment, it is more like a uninvestment. So, long as I get joy with each gear shift, cost of ownership is worth it to me.
My kind of guy!
Old 12-04-2007, 12:29 AM
Lord_Galva
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by richard glickel.
My kind of guy!
I totaly agree. +2
Old 12-04-2007, 10:26 PM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I bought my car almost 2 years ago. Upon purchase I did some preventive maintenance like the cam chain pads and timing belt, and some other things. Overall it cost me about $700. I have not spent any money on it since then, except for gas, oil, and customizing (like wheels, interior stuff, etc). If the car is healthy, it's very cheap to own. If it's unhealthy, it's very profitable to part out.

Quick Reply: yearly costs