968 Forum 1992-1995

SF auto show

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 03:05 AM
Lord_Galva
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SF auto show

I will be attending the SF auto show on the 23rd of Nov. For you guys in the area I wouldn't mind if some 968 guys saw me in person. When it gets closer to the day I'll update on (if I'm walking, time I'll be there, what I'll be wearing) to make finding me easier. I'm hoping the new GT2 will be there.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:52 AM
saxman
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to the SF autoshow a few years ago... and frankly wasn't all that impressed. It's a great venue, but most of the manufactures don't really take it seriously. It's generally a bunch of dealerships showing off their inventory and some of the manufactures maybe showing the concept cars from a year or two ago.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:10 PM
Lord_Galva
Burning Brakes

I know, but it's all I can do right now. I was planning on going to LA auto show but no job = no go. This is local were I can bring both my friends who are car shopping and help them out. (One of my passions is helping people buy cars) Typicly I go to drool at the Aston Martins and sit in the Porsches.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:31 PM
saxman
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well that sounds reasonable. Just wanted to be sure you knew what you were getting into. If you've been before, then by all means, carry on.

I may be inclined to meet up with someone going, I'm only 15 minutes away from the show.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:36 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

The SF car show is pathetic but it's still a good way to spend a day. At least I get to see some Ferraris and Lamborghinis. The highlight is always that 1 special car they have by the entrance (which was a Tesla last year! Sweet!) and the sideshow off in some other wing. Last year I forget what it was but the year before it was a load of enthusiast-owned classic Ferraris, and the year before that, it was personal race cars (there was a racing 928 there). Good times.

I'll be there. I don't know which days but I'll try to meet up with you. It's always fun to walk through the Porsche section and try to "accidentally" get attention as you criticize the boxster and say "I like my own Porsche more".
Old 10-29-2007, 09:59 PM
Lord_Galva
Burning Brakes

It's always fun to walk through the Porsche section and try to "accidentally" get attention as you criticize the boxster and say "I like my own Porsche more".[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: SF auto show