VSS wire, Factory Amp and Illumination wire help needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 05:39 PM
user 8430
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VSS wire, Factory Amp and Illumination wire help needed

Hi All,

My car is in the shop having follow up work done for my recently installed Nav system (Avic D3). The technician has the factory schematics but is unable to locate any type of (VSS) speed sensor wire etc. to tap into for a pulse on speed data as this should be connected to the Nav system. Some have mentioned that an ABS wire or DME wire could be used for this purpose. Does any one know the specific info of a wire which can be used for this?

Also we want to hook up the illumination wire to the Avic so that it will dim when the headlights are activated. Is this wire simple to locate?

Lastly I am getting an intermittent crackling sound from one of the passenger door speakers (the lower larger round midrange speaker). The technician believes it is the factory amp which is malfunctioning. I have option M490 premium sound and according to the schematics the amp is located under the passenger seat, the schematic has it labelled as "right amplifier" which leads you to believe there is a left amplifier but the schematic does not show this as being the case. I have read info here and elsewhere which states there are two amps? Has anyone here had any speaker issues such as this and how was it rectified

Any help greatly appreciated!

Kevin
Old 09-12-2007, 08:17 PM
thingo
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Can't you just take a tap off the wire going to the speedo, or from the abs unit to the frequency convertor?
Old 09-12-2007, 10:44 PM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2)- tap off the clock
3) On cabriolets '94 and '95 have one amp located under the seat, 92 and maybe 93 have one under each seat. You cannot see them without pulling the seat because they are under the carpet.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:56 PM
user 8430
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thanks guys, the illumination is now connected to the clock wiring and I think I may need a new amp.

Just need to figure out the VSS wire by tomorrow, hopefully there is a way to hook it up. I will look in to the speedometer possibility.

Thanks

Quick Reply: VSS wire, Factory Amp and Illumination wire help needed