968 Forum 1992-1995

Swaybar woes

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 04:12 AM
Lord_Galva
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swaybar woes

This makes no sense to me. I'm on pelican looking for a new droplink because the left one is bent which is causing the sway to fall out after I take a certain number of left turns. Then I notice that the MO30 sway is half the price of the stock sway. WTH?!? I've already been told several times by you guys to upgrade to the 30mm bar, but I never thought it would be cheaper. Whatever. There will be a concours at Parts Heaven next week so I'm sure I can get a MO30 bar for cheap.
I'm curious to what particular handling changes are to be expected?
Old 05-29-2007, 07:43 AM
968rz
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should get much better cornering (less body roll, more stable weight distribution). As far as the bars go; bigger is normally better and in this case it is . You might want to call RSBarn b4 you buy one, one of the 968ers has come up with a bar bigger than the M030 and they are going to sell it. Just an FYI you can go to 968forums and search the mod tread for more info.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:37 PM
GeorgeNZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bigger is not always better with sway bars - its not the best to compensate for low spring rate with stiffer bars. You also don't say if you are doing both front and rear bars..............

In saying that, M030's on my 944turboS road car were a nice upgrade and good for over a second a lap.

Quick Reply: Swaybar woes