austex
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry AGAIN for posting my opinion, I really do need to think before I post,
Old 05-23-2007, 10:17 PM
rpm's S2
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I have also occasionally wandered back to .net, kevlar and flak vest on. It is unfortunate that new and occasional visitors might not now about the other forums that can answer their questions. I for one would support the "phanton admin" person to just close down the forums with a note suggesting users visit Rennlist or 968Forums.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:15 AM
H2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by austex
Sorry AGAIN for posting my opinion, I really do need to think before I post,
Houston ++++++++++1 Ouch!!!! My eyes hurt! Flashing lights give me a headache. Must use Rennsalve!

RPM S2...that's a good idea for 968.net. Sad. I remember the forum wars got bad towards the last. Made me wonder if someone didn't sabotage .net. Loss for 968ers...and it used to be a quiet-harbor site without a lot of obnoxious, in-your-face personal product pushing. But the spam there is totally unbearable now.

H2
Old 05-24-2007, 02:12 AM
SDDave
Advanced

Originally Posted by H2
Houston ++++++++++1 Ouch!!!! My eyes hurt! Flashing lights give me a headache. Must use Rennsalve!

.net. Sad. I remember the forum wars got bad towards the last.
H2
I find it one of life's great mysteries when the people who complain the loudest about a past situation are the first ones to try and fuel the fires again...

PLEASE tell me we're not starting all this childish behavior again!!! Sorry I have to call a spade a spade again, and I agree it's rather ridiculous that one the forum's 'younger' members has to urge the 'mature adults' to stop the bullsh*t, but I really thought we were done...

Dave
San Diego
Old 05-24-2007, 10:25 AM
H2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by SDDave
I find it one of life's great mysteries when the people who complain the loudest about a past situation are the first ones to try and fuel the fires again...

PLEASE tell me we're not starting all this childish behavior again!!! Sorry I have to call a spade a spade again, and I agree it's rather ridiculous that one the forum's 'younger' members has to urge the 'mature adults' to stop the bullsh*t, but I really thought we were done...

Dave
San Diego
You're absolutely right, and on the right track. Stress shouldn't be allowed to exist on any of the lists to the point that it could polarize the members into "us vs. them)...and it doesn't on Rennlist. That's what I like about
Rennlist most. Here one quickly gets banned for offensive behavior (e.g. Lo Miler, Dangerlb, et al on 928 Forum). It really should be open discussion about our great cars and not used as a forum to bully or tear down other product so as to increase one's personal benefits, discuss politics, race, religion, or anything else that might be generally offensive (Off Topic and the For Sale sections tend to be that venue but even those have limits).

Differences of opinion will always exist and can be healthy (Which which oil seems to be best, opinions on which chip performs well, which aftermarket muffler gives the best HP increase, how the 968 car market is doing, how people modify their cars to perform better, what tools help the most, How-tos, etc.)

968 Rennlist has been pretty "slow" for the past year and it's just now starting to pick up a little momentum as having reasonable value to check more frequently than once a week. Whether this is sustained really depends on us members. If it doesn't prove out, it'll dwindle.

I don't want to see what happened to 968.net happen to any forum because we all lose. The lists should not be competitive but rather complementary. 968.net was a harsh lesson in what can happen.

In the interest of 968 peace and harmony on Rennlist...I will make no further comment on this unless someone wishes to PM me.

H2

Last edited by H2; 05-24-2007 at 10:48 AM.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:18 AM
Darth Coupe
Burning Brakes

Well put H2. Nuff said.

Quick Reply: What happened to 968.net?