968 Forum 1992-1995

Request for pictures of fuel lines and rail

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 12:18 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Request for pictures of fuel lines and rail

I would greatly appreciate if anyone can take a picture of the 968 fuel rail where the fuel lines connect as well at the hardlines where they connect.

Secondly, has anyone had success with an after market type fuel line on there 968? I am mostly wondering about the fittings.

I am just wondering how one would go about adapting the barbed hardlines from my 944 to work with the fittings on the 968 fuel rail (what fuel lines and fittings are needed inbetween) . A few people have done this conversion (968 engine into 944) but it seems to be a bit foggy for most. I figure i can figure something out but do not have many pictures on the fuel rail side. I dont think it will be a problem with the hard lines, but i think finding the correct fittings could be an issue.

I am wondering if i can cut the compression fittings off the old hoses and utilize them with new aero-quip type fuel lines.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:29 AM
Stephenwz968
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jon,

I have a spare rail at home, I'll take pics of the fitting and post them tonight.

Steve
Old 01-11-2007, 12:28 PM
JivenJim
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going through this right now as well. I did a hack job, before. Now I'm trying to do it right.
I've gone to several experts. And they're all like... wow, that's really difficult going from metric to JIC.

Highly recommend order whole line kit and talk with Dave Lindsey before. Tell him 968 stock fuel rail with 944 hard lines.
http://www.lindseyracing.com/Merchan...=944FUELLLINES

My 924S hard lines are from intake side than a gradual 180 bend to supply / return. I'm look for 180` adapters since this is pretty silly looking.

PM me a email and I'll send you some pictures. They're too big for this forum.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

JivenJim, my email is jjeng951 at gmail dot com. I appreciate the pictures.

I actually sort of figured out the answer to my question last night. The reason for my asking is i am just looking up the possible sources of small problems with putting a 968 engine into my 944. One thing that came up was the differences in the fuel line fittings. After reading Matt O's webpage a little more carefully, i see that he was able to utilize the fittings off the factory fuel lines by cutting the compression fitting off, then putting the fittings onto some regular fuel line stock (ill probably use something like aero-quip hoses) with regular t-bolt clamps. The hard line side is not an issue as there are barbs.

I actually think the stock 944 fuel line into dampener fitting is the same thing used on the 968 fuel regulator so i can reuse that. However the fitting that goes into the fuel rail is whats different. (i could have that reversed or be wrong all together). Either way all i really need are the two fuel lines from the 968 which i could maybe find used, or they are only $60 each if i did have to buy them. I just need to cut the fittings off and connect them to some fuel line stock with a few clamps.

Im wondering still however if the fittings are the same for the S, S2 and 968. PET does show different part #'s for the fuel lines, but i wonder if Porsche went through the trouble to complicate things by using different fittings!

Im sure there are some AN fittings available for what would be needed..but i am sure they are something like $50 a piece.

Im still kind of going back and fourth between the swap in the first place. It will be a very fun car, but im starting to think of resale if i ever decide to sell it aswell as the overall power potential. It will be hard to get much of what im putting into it back and ill never be able to put down the possible power of a modded turbo. Ive been watching too many 300hp 951 videos i think.

Absolute power corrupts..
Old 01-12-2007, 12:23 AM
JivenJim
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM sent

Quick Reply: Request for pictures of fuel lines and rail