968 Forum 1992-1995

Possesed alarm

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 11:47 AM
AllenM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possesed alarm

My alarm system has become possessed w/ the fall weather. For some reason my alarm has started going off unprovoked in the middle of the day while I’m at work and the middle of the night while I’m sleeping. It has done this 5-6 times now and I haven’t seen any type of pattern (aka completely random times, places, time after engine has shut off, etc). Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas as to what it may be? Could the Alarm module be faulty? I noticed that the wires on the rear hatch that connect to the shock which are supposed to turn on the interior lights when the hatch is open are disconnected, but it has been like that since I bought the car and I haven’t touched them.

This is really annoying me since I can’t lock my car without activating the alarm, and I’m tired of waking up the whole neighborhood at 4:30 at night, so I have to leave it unlocked and hope for the best. Right now I disconnected the alarm module, locked up and I’m driving my work truck.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram so I can disconnect the alarm w/out loosing power locks, etc? I looked at clarksgarage.com, but the 944 alarm module is different.

Thanks,
A
Old 07-07-2008, 02:23 PM
AaronR968
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you ever find anything out about this? Mine is doing the same thing now. The only thing is my rear wires are attached. I do have a blown Int. Light fuse. Not sure if that would do it or not.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Jacks911
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Check the front hood micro switch. When I got my car someone had deactivated (removed the fuse) on the alarm. I discovered the switch had simply fallen out of the snap in bracket near the hood latch. I Snapped it back in place and no problems since in two years. Hope your issues is a simple.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:23 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AllenM
Could the Alarm module be faulty?
Probably. I had similar issues and just replaced the (expensive) module with a new unit last year and the random alarm going off ended for good. You could probably get away with fitting a used one. Good luck!
Old 07-09-2008, 02:50 PM
AaronR968
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys! I will give it a try when I get home. I picked up a used module a couple years ago at a junk yard (thinking hmmm you never know) I just might be able to put it to good use!

Quick Reply: Possesed alarm