Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

968 Performance Chips - 7100A, 7700AT

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 05:06 PM
Shamus
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think i have made my point, ….. - i don't think there is any good to be had by continuing this discussion here any further

i must not have been clear - once more - i don't think there is any good to be had by continuing this discussion here any further

i think we can dispense with further discussion of this - ….i think we should drop it

i'm can't think of any way to explain it any better, so i'm going to step out of this now, and rest quite confident that there is no problem

seriously, i'm done belabouring the point - i know the reality
and yet he keeps going and going......
Old 02-13-2006, 05:59 PM
blopper
Intermediate

Shamus that is too funny!
Old 02-13-2006, 06:44 PM
Kit_Chris
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unbeliveable. Experienced and respected guys on this board sinking to such lows. Of course, it must be Flash's fault, he's talking alone, arguing with himself, there's not a single soul consistently challenging him on issues he's already adressed, he must be crazy, having this conversation with himself! And he keeps going, adding more to the folly!! Wow, this ain't senseless, irrational bashing, it's plain stupidity!

Regards,
Chris
Old 02-13-2006, 07:05 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

The whole idea is to see who can get in the last word

WORD
Old 02-13-2006, 09:16 PM
Kit_Chris
Racer

Is it? Weird, I thought you guys were having an intelligent, rational, factual discussion?! Boy, I must have misread! Apologies!

Regards,
Chris
Old 02-14-2006, 04:08 AM
ether_joe
Instructor

Peace my brothers. We are all of the same car.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:05 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

People aren't shy when it comes time to talking about their cars, especially when the is a problem with a product. There are probably more posts on all the 968 boards about chips than anything else-so Harvey having the problem to the exclusion of every other chip is noteworthy.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:19 PM
flash968
Banned

wow - i thought this died

ok - fine - since this obviously just won't die until i list proof - just off the top of my head, here are a couple of examples of problems with chips, beyond what we have already talked about, that i just didn't think were worth mentioning, because they were total non-events - some known companies - some not

chip from trevor, on my car (can't remember who did the chip) - idiot light - smoked a bit at first - then settled down very quickly, but retained idiot light

autothority version 100 - backfired on dj's car

autothority version 101 - smoked like a freight train for 3-4 seconds on dj's car

promax 7700 - coughed once on ken's car - threw light for a second or two on dave's car - no problems on the other cars, and no repitition of symptom on those two cars

prototype chip from independent developer - smoked for 3-4 seconds on my car, threw idiot light - light stayed on

never mind that the first version promax was so rich that it caught the tension strap on fire and nearly burned up my car, and had dave and myself and the dyno crew running for extinguishers - probably our fault for having the strap too close to the exhaust anyway - this also was not worth mentioning or pointing fingers at - they fixed it

none of these are real problems (except of course for the idiot light staying on) - they were momentary anomolies that settled down - they are not worth mentioning - that's why i didn't take any shots at anybody when these things happened - they are insignificant, and in no way representative of the value or performance of any of the chips - none of the other symptoms were CAUSED by any of the chips

so, it is not to the exclusion of every other chip - harvey would very likely have had the same experience with ANY performance chip

does this finally put this to rest? do i really need to go back through phone logs and find the others that called me up, who ALSO had similar things with other chips?

it's a car with a lot of electronic controls - things happen - our bone stock 2002 BMW 325i just did a very weird stumble / rough run start the other day - went away after a few seconds - hasn't come back - it checked out perfectly at the dealership when i immediately took it in to find the problem - nothing wrong - lost a whole day for nothing - this stuff happens

i hope this can finally die - i really have more important things to do, like rearranging my sock drawer

i'm going to leave this to everybody else now, so continue, or not - i'm out

chris and sean - thanks

Last edited by flash968; 02-14-2006 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:53 PM
BruceWard
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

chip from trevor, on my car (can't remember who did the chip) - idiot light - smoked a bit at first - then settled down very quickly, but retained idiot light

autothority version 100 - backfired on dj's car

autothority version 101 - smoked like a freight train for 3-4 seconds on dj's car

promax 7700 - coughed once on ken's car - threw light for a second or two on dave's car - no problems on the other cars, and no repitition of symptom on those two cars

prototype chip from independent developer - smoked for 3-4 seconds on my car, threw idiot light - light stayed on
So the smoking on Harveys car could have been caused by the Racer X Chip?
Old 02-14-2006, 03:04 PM
blopper
Intermediate

Wink

i'm going to leave this to everybody else now, so continue, or not - i'm out

Shamus add another one to your list.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:17 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Good, I'm glad you've confirmed that the Promax chip did not act like the 'winning' chip did, spewing out a vast smokescreen when too much fuel washed down the cylinder bores.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:17 PM
Kit_Chris
Racer

Good, I'm glad you've confirmed that the Promax chip did not act like the 'winning' chip did, spewing out a vast smokescreen when too much fuel washed down the cylinder bores.
You seem particularly apt at diagnosing problems based on guess work, are you a mechanical fortune teller or just a member who can't deal with a personal grudge? Smile, life's too short!

With such overwhelming praise for Promax and fanatical criticism of every other product, all coming from independent members, am I the only reader to have serious doubts over the credibility of this nonsense? You're all wrong, keep it stock and cut the crap, as Porsche wanted it, just drive the hell out of it!

Regards,
Chris
Old 02-14-2006, 06:59 PM
Stephenwz968
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had the weltmeister, autothority and promax chips, and never had any smoke on initial startup from any of them.

Steve
Old 02-14-2006, 07:13 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Kit_Chris
keep it stock and cut the crap, as Porsche wanted it
Stock or with no crap, which did Porsche want?
Old 02-14-2006, 08:22 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Stock? Stock?? What's that?

Quick Reply: 968 Performance Chips - 7100A, 7700AT