Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Thanks to John P Byrnes Jr. for the window Regulator!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 10:01 AM
wildwestrider
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks to John P Byrnes Jr. for the window Regulator!!!

Thanks to John P Byrnes Jr. .....I'm now driving my car with a passenger side window in place that goes up and down just like it was designed to do. And, just in time for a cold snap and Holiday trips.

THANKS JOHN!

John noticed my thread for help on repairing the plastic roller on my passenger side window.......I had been driving the car with the old regulator removed and the window held up with wooden cabinet shims from home depot.............I had received some tips on how to rebuild the existing regulator with delrin drawer rollers from Home Depot.....only problem was that none of the Home depots in Austin (Or Loews) carried them.....After a month or more of bumping my thread back to the top and trying to find some of the rollers locally or on the net......(lots of time)....out of the Blue............John...........who I did not know previously..........volunteers to dissasemble his door on his 944, remove the regulator and send it to me........................Wow!

Of course, I accept, and he removes it from his car and sends it to me,......

I tried to offer and send him money and he says my money is no good!!

Wow!!!

Took a day to get it all figured out and in the car working correctly,....but got it all done, got my door all re-assembled, and all just in time for an out of town Autocross (last of the season) in San Antonio.

What a group.
what a Forum
What a Guy!!!

Thanks again so much John.

Can't tell you how much I appreciate it......

Brian Collins (one of the slowest guys at the Autcross,....but havin fun)
Old 11-22-2005, 08:41 PM
JPBNY
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brian Hope you are happy inside your warm and dry working windowed 968. Thanks for the glowing post.It now gets me.003sq ft of garage space so now its time to buy more parts. Thanks John

Quick Reply: Thanks to John P Byrnes Jr. for the window Regulator!!!