Randy J /source for window regulator rollers

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 09:29 AM
wildwestrider
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Randy J /source for window regulator rollers

Quote:

I found the loose roller wheels in Home Depot (yep!) for something like 25 cents each, so it was a cheap solution. I just drilled these rollers out to fit a 3/16" x 1/2" alum pop rivet (cause I happened to have a few in the tool bin) and used a few thin washers on one side to keep the new wheel "proud" of the regulator arm. Drilled out the old OEM wheel, pop riveted it all together. The only problem was they were slightly "cupped" rather than a consistent thickness. But they were Delrin, and that is pretty durable stuff.

R

Randy, spent a few hours yesterday to make the trip to Home Depot with no results then thought maybe you had found them at Loews and just recalled it as Home Depot, so checked there as well.

Asked a few different people in each store and did a very thorough search in person and did not find the loose drawer rollers in either store. They did have complete drawer slides with rollers attached (about $16) and I did also find some shower door rollers that were about .75" in diameter (the original window regulator rollers are .67" in Diameter) and attached to a metal center hub that was threaded for a small screw.

Both stores had the same selection with no separate rollers.

You sure it was Home Depot??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS....the rollers on the complete drawer slides also were about .75" in diameter.

Both
Old 10-25-2005, 04:28 PM
Randy_J
Three Wheelin'

Yep - it was HD.. as there are no Loews here. Check with a kitchen cabinet shop - hardware. They are out there somewhere and I definitely did not buy the entire slide. I have some of these wheels around somewhere - I'll try to post a photo.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:48 PM
wildwestrider
Intermediate

could you get me dimensions of the wheels?....pic would be good too.

wanna sell me one or two??

I wonder if your Home depot still has them??

Here's my direct email Randy----------if you could respond to me here, then we would have a more direct connection on this

bc1@joimail.com
Old 12-18-2010, 09:12 PM
ecenur
4th Gear

I just started doing the whole DIY thing and have a question if anyone can help me. I recently purchased some Accuride drawer slides on-line which did not come with screws. I know that the right screw must be used to mount these slides to avoid binding in the slide, what can I do about this?
Old 12-19-2010, 05:39 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Do you have a pic of the window regulator / the old wheel? I've only done that job once and I completely forgot what it all looked like.

Quick Reply: Randy J /source for window regulator rollers