Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

WTB: 968 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 01:46 PM
rotaryzz
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious, how much you pay for it? Was it advertised on Rennlist classifieds as I don't recall seeing that.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:11 AM
jlturpin
Rennlist Member

I hope you all will understand, but until I have the car in my possession, and have finialized the deal, I have to respect the seller and our agreed upon price incase our deal falls through. His original asking price was 16,800. I promise, once I get my hands on it I will share all details and photos. Fairly fresh t-belt service. Do I need to address the variocam tensioner plates? Car has also had the pinion bearing repaired @ the P dealer.

I am however very excited. I would be on my way to get it this weekend but have hurt my back, am on drugs and am not up to a 1200 mile weekend in the car or 600 miles in the car and all day on a plane. The car is getting a PPI later today, and I feel very comfortable about it. I will probably put the car on a car dolly and transport it home. It has an additional set of wheels.

Has anyone transported an extra set of wheels in there 968. I was able to get my Victoracers in by putting two close to the front seats with the rear seats folded down. The went and formed a V. Then the two other would fit in the remaing trunk and the hatch closed with no problem. I could also get folding chairs, tools, helmets and racing jack and impact in the car. I guess I need to know if I will be able to get the extra wheels in the car, in the rear hatch. If I can, my wife and I will fly up together to pick up the car. If not, I will have a long two way drive.

For those looking for a 25,900 car, there is a 95 Coupe, lsd, 6spd one owner that showed up on autotrader in Tulsa, OK. It has 36K on it. The price sounds very high to me. I would think it should be in the 15-19K range tops. Not an M030 car. One also showed up in the Dallas area, with limited details, it was a 94 one owner, only had phone number.
Old 09-17-2005, 11:50 AM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

15-19K is low for a 95, one owner 6 speed with lsd. You can fit four wheels in a coupe, I've done it.
Old 09-17-2005, 01:42 PM
jlturpin
Rennlist Member

Just got off the phone with a lady in Dallas, she has a 94 cab with 182K miles, asking 25,900. I know that she is high. (cars.com Tulsa,OK)

The 95 with low miles may be low, at the numbers that I mentioned. If anyone is interested, he came down to 22k with no real pressure. (autotrader.com dallas)

The is also a low mileage 95 low mileage cab with 6 spd in dallas on autotrader.

If I see anymore, I will let everyone know.

ONE MORE QUESTION
I used to haul my 951 to track on a car dolly (rear wheels down car out of gear) This would no create a issue 968 would it? I must have dragged the 951 a couple of thousand miles behind our honda odyssey. It is really great, out ezup tent, coolers, tools, wheels/tires, chairs and pretty much what ever else we decide to bring. I may have to put some trailer brakes on the dolly, stops fine under normal conditions, but don't know how it would do in an emergency situation.

Oh just one more
Is the ac on the my93 r-134 or r-12?

Last edited by jlturpin; 04-14-2009 at 11:25 PM.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:55 PM
jlturpin
Rennlist Member

Booked my airline ticket. Going to pick my 968 Coupe up on Friday in Bloomington, IL. Can't wait. 10 Hour drive home.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:43 PM
Glau
4th Gear

Congrats!

If you're coming through St. Louis and want a meal or a stretch and some indoor a/c you're welcome to come visit my white 968 cab and me. We are real close to all the major highways here.

Glau
Old 09-19-2005, 10:31 PM
jlturpin
Rennlist Member

I'll be coming through St. Louis about Midnight, on my way south. Hopefully able to make it half way back on Saturday night. Thanks for your kind offer. Hope to be home and do and Autocross on Sunday, rested.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:39 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Congrats Jonathan--I just sealed the deal on mine yesterday in Seattle and am having it shipped to me in Atlanta as we speak...As to your question regarding refrigerant, I believe that on 968forums.com, that was mentioned as the only change from MY92 to MY93. I'm pretty sure you have R-134 instead of the R12, but go check over there and make sure I'm correct.

Post pics when you get yours, I will do the same when mine arrives!
Old 09-25-2005, 12:48 PM
jlturpin
Rennlist Member

I picked up the car yesterday and drove it 600 miles home. Overall it is very nice, interior is near perfect, only blemish is drivers seat bolster has a little wear. There are a few small (very shallow) dings in the front fender that are hard to see unless you are just in the right spot, hopefully they can be removed by a good paint less dent remover. Paint is near perfect with a deep shine. Transmission shifts smoothly, engine is clean and quiet. There appears to be a small oil leak coming from the AOS (air oil separator). 16" cup wheels are in very nice condition, and the 18" Moda's are near perfect as well with like new Yoko AVS 100 (?).

When I stopped for gas, the tank was pressurized when I removed the cap. The cap vent may be the problem, suggestions are welcome.

Oh yeah, one other thing. I was driving in a pretty bad rain storm and wind for the last 2 hours of my trip and noticed a drip of water coming from the drivers footwell, all the way to the left. I raised the hood when I got home, but there was no evidence of water standing around the fuse and relay housing, and the inside was bone dry. Is there a drain coming from the sunroof that should exit the car in this area?
Old 09-25-2005, 01:34 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've yet to see a 968 that doesn't have a ding or ripple on the top of the front fenders. The metal is very soft it seems.

Quick Reply: WTB: 968 Coupe