Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 09:11 AM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default REDLINE Safeguard 968 Roll Bar - Taking Orders

Hello all;

Please forgive this blatantly commercial post, but it is the best way I know of to contact all the various people who have expressed interest in the recent past, and/or that may be in need of this product for the upcoming season. There is nothing worse than telling someone they missed out on getting one because they weren't aware, so...

There is drumming in the hills - serious rumblings that I may be starting another batch of the famous REDLINE Safeguard Systems roll bar for 968s very soon. Please follow the link below to get info, and PM/e-mail me if you are interested.

Thanks Fellas!

http://redlinerennsport.homestead.co...guardPage.html

Last edited by RedlineMan; 01-06-2005 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:25 PM
BruceWard
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

John, have you made any progress on the Cab roll bar?
Old 01-06-2005, 01:10 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope;

I will probably get together with "Anchorman" when I am mid-build to check it out. I wanted to adapt my exisiting bar, but the interior is significantly different and I'm not sure it would work, or at least would take substantial revision.
Old 01-06-2005, 01:48 PM
ckathens
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking forward to a Cab bar whenever you get a chance. I'm probably another year and a half before i'm ready for one (need to get a new daily driver first), but will definently want one then.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:02 PM
flash968
Banned

i'm about 3 weeks from getting my car back - then i can finish the bar - i have the mockup of the bar done - will just need to take the car and the mockup down to a fabricator to get it built

it matches the angle of the side windows, allows the seats to recline, allows the windstop to be used - and also allows the top to up and down - it also will work with cars with either rear seats (though you have to lift them out for use) or the boxes (with a slight mod to the box if you want ot leave it in) - no cutting of the side panels or mods to the car - it is a bolt-in design and will pass both scca and pca spec - weight should be about 38#

if anybody knows a bar fabricator in the l.a. area, please let me know
Old 01-08-2005, 12:00 AM
sayporsha
Pro

it matches the angle of the side windows, allows the seats to recline, allows the windstop to be used - and also allows the top to up and down
Bravo.

What I would also like to see is an aesthetically pleasing design. Porsche went to great lengths to pen the gorgeous lines of our cars. A Cabriolet needs a graceful, not utilitarian design. Take a cue from the Boxster. The SLK. The F360 Spyder. It doesn't have to be the 2-hump design, but it should complement the lines of the car.

Oh, and make it tall enough to do it's job. With my 6'3" frame, my melon will make first contact with the tarmac if the bar gives up function for form.

Last edited by sayporsha; 09-14-2015 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:05 AM
flash968
Banned

no worries - part of the design is meeting pca and scca spec - that means 2" clearance from the top of the bar to the top of the helmet

i'll let everyone know as soon as it's done - waiting not so patiently for the repaint to be done

Quick Reply: REDLINE Safeguard 968 Roll Bar - Taking Orders