968 Forum 1992-1995

A/C Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 01:09 AM
dmanderson
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile A/C Question

My 968 makes a nearly continuous buzzing noise coming from the area of the air conditioning switch. The noise will generally stop when the AC is turned on. From things I have read, I think it is the relay behind the switch. I do not know how to get to this relay to make sure it is the source of the sound. I do not have a manual for the car, just the repair CD which has not helped me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Dwight Anderson
94 Guards Red 968 Coupe
Old 08-29-2004, 07:27 PM
long_beach_968
Pro

I dont think that there are any relays behined the siwtch, just under the dash and under the hood
Old 08-29-2004, 10:24 PM
josephsc
Race Car

Location: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

long_beach_968, welcome to Rennlist!

I presume you drive a 968 and live in Long Beach, CA. Be sure to frequently visit here and keep an eye on the forum at www.968.net. There are quite a few 968 owners in the LA area who get together for events.
Old 08-29-2004, 11:25 PM
dmanderson
AutoX

Thank you Long Beach. The noise is reminiscent of a geiger counter coming from the area near the AC switch. The noise has over the past few months become nearly continuos. The noise will generally cease when the AC is turned on. Sometimes turning on the high beams, the noise will temporarily stop the noise as well. I thought I had read somewhere on this list or 968.net, that it was a relay. It may not be a relay but it is definitely from that area. Any thoughts?

PS Sorry for the name confusion. I have rarely posted and forgot a signature is automatically posted. My name is Dwight Mitchell Anderson. Friends and family know me as Mitch but all official business is Dwight. I know this is a question that maybe no one asked, but it must have looked strange on my original post.

Quick Reply: A/C Question