Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Thought I'd share with my 968 brothers, ran SCCA Rally Cross in my Cayanne

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2024, 05:15 PM
notthd
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 169 Posts
Default Thought I'd share with my 968 brothers, ran SCCA Rally Cross in my Cayanne

Hey all,
Just like the title I ran the Turbo Cayenne in SCCA Rally cross at Camp Verde AZ. She did mid pack of those who ran but I'm sure I out weighed them by 2000lbs plus. It was a total blast. I was much faster with the controls shut off so I could slide drift the car. Had half tank of gas, a passenger and with the custom 1/8" skid plate and off road rack gear she tips the scales at over 6K lbs. She is also lifted 2.5" and running 32" MT terrain wheels. The suspension controls kept her very flat and predictable even in the sandy spots. I was impressed to say the least.

Many were dumbfounded I enter the rig but by the end of event she got respect. Of course it was my highly polished driving skills (LOL) that put us in the pack.
Here are some pics and youtube links to my page. Long Live Notthaus Motorsports!!!
Cheer Mike

The following users liked this post:
jsheiry (05-14-2024)
Old 05-13-2024, 05:19 PM
Zirconocene
Rennlist Member

Received 757 Likes on 537 Posts

I don't know what's involved in that racing, but it sounds rad.

As for the number, were you trolling, or was it that you couldn't get #951 (is that the right model for your truck)?

Finally, any further info on that Stratos? Did it race, or was it mostly just there for show?

Cheers
Old 05-14-2024, 01:17 PM
notthd
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 169 Posts

The racing is like a large course AutoX kind of. More straights not many if any slalom but spaced out for higher speeds and it is in the dirt.
4 wheels spinning at full throttle is a blast.

The Stratos is a replica running a Toyota / Lotus 6 cylinder. Similar to the Evora S. He didn't run. Just came to show off.

997 is the number associated with my SCCA competition license. I run a 997TT road course so I had numbers already and they won't be taken so I run it on the Cayenne also. My gen is a 957. Haven't registered the number or tried just yet. My first Rallycross.

The 930 is a handful and the rawest of anything I have ever owned. It is like an on/off switch with boost and very white knuckled to drive on the track. Well worth it, prices are coming down so be patient. My black one is 84ROW car. Avtar is a pic of it. It certainly is a own once bucket list car. Here she is.
Cheers, Mike

The following 2 users liked this post by notthd:
jsheiry (05-14-2024), Zirconocene (05-14-2024)
Old 05-14-2024, 06:41 PM
jsheiry
Rennlist Member

Received 213 Likes on 138 Posts

I wish I had some pics from 944Fest as there were all sorts of 944's and 957's out there doing a Rally Cross Event.....even a 944 with a Toyota 4 runner or LandCruiser power train IIRC ! Looked like a blast but so many of the events were stacked up that I could not get over there to watch and photo.
Old 05-15-2024, 12:40 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 872 Likes on 574 Posts

VERY VERY cool.
Thanks for sharing

Quick Reply: Thought I'd share with my 968 brothers, ran SCCA Rally Cross in my Cayanne