968 Forum 1992-1995

Front Upper Strut mount question

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2024, 01:03 PM
quick968
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Front Upper Strut mount question

I know I saw a thread about this but the search is coming up bupkis. Someone mentioned that there were two different part numbers for the upper strut mounts, one for stock suspension, and a different part number for the M030 suspension. The current parts catalog on Porsche's site shows only one part number, but two descriptions. One without "insulation", and one with "insulation", but it's the same part number for both. 951 343 018 04. Same goes for Rose Passion, one part number, no distinction between M030 and non.

Now, the new Partworks supplier on Ebay list theirs as suitable for both M030 and non-M030, but they list two different part numbers, and neither one matches the Porsche catalog. 951 343 018 31 and 951 343 018 30

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26663085804...Bk9SR5jp98e5Yw

So does anyone have the answer? I want/need the M030 part numbers if there is one.

Thanks
Mikey
Old 02-22-2024, 06:32 AM
LM964
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

I have this I scraped from an M030 site about 8 years ago and kept in EVernote. No change to the mount it seems, but almost everything else, yes. I went in keeping with the intended adjustable Koni route and never looked back. I know most go for KW but a friend who races classics mentioned that Richard Attwood had this set up in a 944 he raced, and if it's good for Sir Dickie then who am I to be different?

The following users liked this post:
quick968 (02-22-2024)
Old 02-22-2024, 08:35 AM
quick968
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks! Exactly the clarification I was looking for.

Cheers
Mikey
Old 03-02-2024, 07:55 PM
sm
Drifting

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by LM964
I have this I scraped from an M030 site about 8 years ago and kept in EVernote. No change to the mount it seems, but almost everything else, yes. I went in keeping with the intended adjustable Koni route and never looked back. I know most go for KW but a friend who races classics mentioned that Richard Attwood had this set up in a 944 he raced, and if it's good for Sir Dickie then who am I to be different?

Please tell me more about which Koni shocks and struts you have? I’m about to refresh my suspension.
Old 03-03-2024, 08:09 AM
LM964
Rennlist Member

Additional geo info, my notes and invoices I have when going through my whole setup - front and rear Koni Sports (inserts), Hartech wishbone arm, SuperPro bushes all round. CS ARB's I have are different to non-CS. For the type of spirited (country and twisty) roads I drive it's kart-like. At least twice a year I fully adjust the front Konis to full hard then again to full soft for a few drives to make sure full adjustment range doesn't 'dry out'. My day-to-day fast driving is set to full hard (to stop) then back a full 360o turn. Hope the below helps..

Last edited by LM964; 03-03-2024 at 08:12 AM.
Old 03-03-2024, 10:15 PM
sm
Drifting

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by LM964
Additional geo info, my notes and invoices I have when going through my whole setup - front and rear Koni Sports (inserts), Hartech wishbone arm, SuperPro bushes all round. CS ARB's I have are different to non-CS. For the type of spirited (country and twisty) roads I drive it's kart-like. At least twice a year I fully adjust the front Konis to full hard then again to full soft for a few drives to make sure full adjustment range doesn't 'dry out'. My day-to-day fast driving is set to full hard (to stop) then back a full 360o turn. Hope the below helps..

Thank you for the details! Do you have a 968 Club Sport, 968 Club Sport M030 or other model?
Old 03-04-2024, 05:11 AM
LM964
Rennlist Member

I have a 'Sport' which was designated for UK market only. 306 ClubSports were taken from the production line and instead of bucket seats, Sport-only Recaro lightweight cloth seats fitted, power windows and boot release added. The M030 upgrade was an available option for the CS (as was M220 - LSD). When I got the 968 it already came with the M030 thicker front and rear ARB's/sway bars. Then in keeping with the factory M030 options as intended I had the Koni Sports plus springs added and also the CS castor mounts. I didn't go the full blown M030 brake route as the intention was/is not to track the hell out of it but instead set this up for sprint/fast road/hill climb. I switched to quality discs/rotors then spoke to a tech guy at Mintex who came up with a brake pad option suitable and reactive to the driving style I was after. Not much else needed after that (although I want to change the felxi braided brake lines next). The car came with the airbox mod (four large holes in the airbox front for increased flow to/through the filter. I noticed too that the air supply is only through the small front plastic grille in the front fender - then into the front cavity then up into the airbox 'area' in my case, or only up the plastic duct if that has been retained (non-CS's have the additional plastic casing). I've removed the fender plastic grille completely just to increase the opening further and remove any other restrictions. High quality Millers motorsport engine and transmission oils and I'm happy.

Quick Reply: Front Upper Strut mount question