Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Group Buy DRS Turbo S Front Bumper Interest?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2023, 08:08 PM
alengyel
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I pinged Jan this week and he is deep in the 911 engine rebuild for Phoenix(his 911 build). He alluded to the engine being finished soon (language barrier I think, or he is building 9 engines at once) and he would have more time to focus on the 968 pieces. I plan on checking with him each... month, and hopefully things become clearer soon. Also, I asked about the hood and both the NACA Ducts and center ducts would not be on the base fabrication but that he can add both, at a price i assume. I will try to get clarification of the cost of the ducting but I plan on waiting until he gets the initials run before I ask. I know Boost feen is working on a hood with Kyle Schiemann and I hope we get news of that soon so there are options. Depending on the hood options, I may just go with FSH, address below, as they have the turbo S and RS in FRP with single or dual latch with the correct ducting for the 951 air filter box.

https://www.f-s-h.com/968_1
Old 03-27-2023, 03:51 AM
boost feen
Three Wheelin'

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Turbo S / RS hood

Just wanted to give an update on 968 turbo\RS hoods in carbon fiber with extremely high quality fit and finish, as in you wouldn’t even need to paint body color if you weren’t interested in that! Im planning on outside of hood color
Matching but inside leaving carbon, & since we’re all being honest, there’s not a huge amount of money in these for the composite guys so not on top of there lists however Kyle told me last month when I spoke to him on the phone that he is working on the mold that he already had from a 968 composite hood he did a few years ago to incorporate the factory type Naca vents in it, the intercooler exhaust hole the end user would cut in if needed later as only some may want that! So he was honest with me and said he may have a hood ready bye this summer but not promising anything as he has other projects that take precedents, ie money talks so if myself and one other user stepped up and payed him a deposit I imagine he would commit bye this fall for those 2 hoods! He is honest though and I don’t expect him to make anything until he has a commission he’s an artist after all!

that being said the other brand in Europe I have heard first hand from a USA buyer is garbage fit and came cracked from shipping, so it’s a crapshoot and body work was needed to get to a primer and paint level and then it still fit poorly so race car quality only. Im not wanting to be responsible for a group buy but I could help the matter as I would be interested in helping Kyle move this up his list so Im in for sure and I know John who has a 968 race car is in for sure he already drove 1k+ miles & dropped off a 968 parts car hood for another mold to meet Kyle and check out his shop. Does anyone else want to step up and drop Kyle a deposit like us?

Old 03-27-2023, 12:55 PM
sm
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by boost feen
Just wanted to give an update on 968 turbo\RS hoods in carbon fiber with extremely high quality fit and finish, as in you wouldn’t even need to paint body color if you weren’t interested in that! Im planning on outside of hood color
Matching but inside leaving carbon, & since we’re all being honest, there’s not a huge amount of money in these for the composite guys so not on top of there lists however Kyle told me last month when I spoke to him on the phone that he is working on the mold that he already had from a 968 composite hood he did a few years ago to incorporate the factory type Naca vents in it, the intercooler exhaust hole the end user would cut in if needed later as only some may want that! So he was honest with me and said he may have a hood ready bye this summer but not promising anything as he has other projects that take precedents, ie money talks so if myself and one other user stepped up and payed him a deposit I imagine he would commit bye this fall for those 2 hoods! He is honest though and I don’t expect him to make anything until he has a commission he’s an artist after all!

that being said the other brand in Europe I have heard first hand from a USA buyer is garbage fit and came cracked from shipping, so it’s a crapshoot and body work was needed to get to a primer and paint level and then it still fit poorly so race car quality only. Im not wanting to be responsible for a group buy but I could help the matter as I would be interested in helping Kyle move this up his list so Im in for sure and I know John who has a 968 race car is in for sure he already drove 1k+ miles & dropped off a 968 parts car hood for another mold to meet Kyle and check out his shop. Does anyone else want to step up and drop Kyle a deposit like us?
Any initial estimates for the cost of Kyle’s hood?
Old 03-27-2023, 01:24 PM
boost feen
Three Wheelin'

Preliminary chit chat with Kyle and based on 944 parts he’s done I don’t think he can do them for under $1,800 but less then $2,500 so I would fall in the middle somewhere. He’s honestly prob only going to have 3-4 people step up but you never know right now he has potentially 3 lined up to hand him cash
Old 03-29-2023, 03:53 PM
alengyel
Racer

Originally Posted by boost feen
Preliminary chit chat with Kyle and based on 944 parts he’s done I don’t think he can do them for under $1,800 but less then $2,500 so I would fall in the middle somewhere. He’s honestly prob only going to have 3-4 people step up but you never know right now he has potentially 3 lined up to hand him cash

Would it be possible to see if he would do Kevlar reinforced?
Old 04-06-2023, 12:42 AM
boost feen
Three Wheelin'

Default 968 turbo S hood

Hey everyone interested Kyle from Schiemann composites has reached out to me today and wants to get serious about pre orders with a email chain for those who are ready to commit in the coming weeks!

so please pm me your email if your serious about a 968 turbo S factory replica hood in carbon fiber with the functional NACA ducts and dual hood latch bosses. Kevlar inner layer is possible and they will have no Under hood middle support so you can cut for RS intercooler exhaust duct for those interested in that feature.

I can connect us all and start the group email to go over specifics! So far it’s

myself
John
Colin
Jason

Last edited by boost feen; 04-06-2023 at 12:56 AM.
Old 04-06-2023, 12:50 AM
boost feen
Three Wheelin'

Here’s a look at his work

Last edited by boost feen; 04-06-2023 at 12:52 AM.
Old 04-06-2023, 12:53 AM
boost feen
Three Wheelin'

Doors and roof look him up on Facebook if your not familiar with his work he’s done a lot of 944 work already

Last edited by boost feen; 04-06-2023 at 12:56 AM.
Old 08-23-2023, 11:43 PM
boost feen
Three Wheelin'

An update on Kyle Schiemann composites carbon 968 turbo S hood, several of us I think 5-6 have given him half deposits on a $2,450 total cost per hood he has not gotten too far on mold this summer but estimates he should have it done and produce hoods middle of winter. I know it’s a wait but he will get them done.

the carbon fiber hood will have all the features of a turbo S hood with Naca ducts and ram air on driver side and for dual hood latches as well as single hood latch for those not needing the stock 951 intercooler. It will have provisions for hood badge and windshield squirters. The top of hood will be flawless weave for those not interested in painting to match and the engine side will be more of a satin clear not perfectly perfect more like a factory race car.
The following 2 users liked this post by boost feen:
alengyel (08-28-2023), Jay Wellwood (08-24-2023)
Old 12-02-2023, 05:51 PM
alengyel
Racer

All,
After multiple emails to Jan over the last six months with no response from him at all, I think I am going to call this one. I think Jan has moved on to his 911 projects and is no longer interested in providing any of the 968 components. I am off to look for another supplier for the TS front bumper and other components.
Old 12-03-2023, 12:52 AM
boost feen
Three Wheelin'

Sorry to hear Jan isn’t coming through, the FSH stuff is ok I’ve heard the hood isn’t very hood but maybe they would make a front bumper cover for you with enlarged opening?
Old 12-03-2023, 11:24 PM
dlearl476
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by alengyel
All,
After multiple emails to Jan over the last six months with no response from him at all, I think I am going to call this one. I think Jan has moved on to his 911 projects and is no longer interested in providing any of the 968 components. I am off to look for another supplier for the TS front bumper and other components.
Perhaps give GT Racing a call. They’re the only place I know of that’s still making 968 stuff.
Old Today, 01:07 AM
boost feen
Three Wheelin'

Just a update from Kyle Scheimann composite shop he is almost finished with the molds for a 968 full carbon turbo S hood with true ram air and factory single as well as double hood latches also a RS hoods with RS style carbon intercooler duct & hood exhaust

Old Today, 01:11 AM
boost feen
Three Wheelin'

Used a factory 968 turbo S hood to make a exact replica but in carbon

Quick Reply: Group Buy DRS Turbo S Front Bumper Interest?