968 Forum 1992-1995

battery charger

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2022, 03:23 PM
liboca
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery charger

I am installing an onboard battery charger. My question is, where do you route the power cord to exit the car?
Old 11-25-2022, 05:31 PM
chudson
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 76 Posts

Editing my answer because I misunderstood your question. You want a charger to stay on-board the vehicle? I use a tender type of charger, but it stays outside of the vehicle. I have my cord (pigtail) hard wired to the battery and located in the passenger side corner where the windshield meets the hood. It is easy to access, close to the battery and tucks away nicely. I will mention that care needs to be taken to insure that the wiring doesn’t get caught in and pinched in the hood hinge. Out of town right now and can’t post a picture, but can post one later if desired. I hope this helps and this routing may work for your power cord.

Cliff

Last edited by chudson; 11-25-2022 at 05:36 PM.
Old 11-25-2022, 09:49 PM
regajohn
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 69 Posts

Jump to six minutes on this video. Exactly what C.Hudson said, you put the pigtail on the battery when you need to charge you can fish it out near the windshield wipers on the passenger side / right side (assuming you have a left hand drive car).

By the way, Porsche uses C-Tek chargers/tenders that they rebrand and markup 50%

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cImhs_uwrAU&t=0h6m12s

Quick Reply: battery charger