Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Floor Mats - OEM, Lloyds, Logo'd?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2022, 11:27 AM
Retro
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Question Floor Mats - OEM, Lloyds, Logo'd?

My 968 came with Porsche-(text) logo floor mats, but they don't stay in place well. And they're bleeding a bit of color into the carpet, so they have to go.

I don't see any 3rd party Porsche-logo floor mats. The Porsche-OEM mats run $270 including shipping, with a black-block Porsche name on black, presumably with black accents and black highlighting. But they come with anchors.
The Lloyd mats also come with anchors of some sort - are they adequate and similar? But they don't have any branding options for Porsche. I could get Cadillac, Corvette, Ford, emblems etc., but not Porsche.
What other choices are decent? Are any available with the crest?

The current, ill-fitting, presumably-aftermarket, anchor-less mats.
Old 03-21-2022, 12:10 PM
Yogii
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 148 Posts

Have you looked at CoCo mats? Their colors usually go very well with P-car's interiors.

-Yogii
AKA 968 Novice
Old 03-21-2022, 12:37 PM
Retro
Advanced

Yeah, it's not the color that I care about. I care about:
  1. Does the mat fit well? (You can see in the photo that the current one does not.)
  2. Does it stay in place well, i.e. is it well anchored?
  3. Does it have the logo/emblem, rather than being brandless/generic?
Old 03-21-2022, 02:43 PM
Yogii
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Retro
Yeah, it's not the color that I care about. I care about:
  1. Does the mat fit well? (You can see in the photo that the current one does not.)
  2. Does it stay in place well, i.e. is it well anchored?
  3. Does it have the logo/emblem, rather than being brandless/generic?
All of the above!

I bet that the mats that you have are from a different Porsche model. Any quality car mat place will say if they have the OEM patterns to make a custom fit mat.

-Yogii
Old 03-21-2022, 03:35 PM
Retro
Advanced

Oh!!! Yeah, that makes sense; they probably were from a different model.
Old 03-21-2022, 06:04 PM
H.F.B.
Pro

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Retro
My 968 came with Porsche-(text) logo floor mats, but they don't stay in place well. And they're bleeding a bit of color into the carpet, so they have to go.

I don't see any 3rd party Porsche-logo floor mats. The Porsche-OEM mats run $270 including shipping, with a black-block Porsche name on black, presumably with black accents and black highlighting. But they come with anchors.
The Lloyd mats also come with anchors of some sort - are they adequate and similar? But they don't have any branding options for Porsche. I could get Cadillac, Corvette, Ford, emblems etc., but not Porsche.
What other choices are decent? Are any available with the crest?

The current, ill-fitting, presumably-aftermarket, anchor-less mats.

I'm very happy with my nice Lloyd Mats via Pelican Parts. Here in my 944 --> https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-...l#post15057827

Below are the ones for my 968. The 968 logo was made on request, no problem at all. Just a matter of request.

Porsche 968 with Lloyd mats.

Old 03-21-2022, 08:16 PM
Yogii
Rennlist Member

The mats in my 94 coupe, 80K miles when I got it, were in good shape. Theyhave the P logo and straps that snap under the seat. Not sure where they came from.
I have had CoCo mats in other cars and even without straps, they stay in place. You do need to remove them when cleaning and vacuuming underneath.
HTH,

-Yogii
Old 03-21-2022, 08:22 PM
Eyeman
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Lloyd's mat anchors are designed very similarly to the stock Porsche mats. And they fit great anyways.
Old 03-21-2022, 08:26 PM
Eyeman
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

The anchor for Lloyd's mats are very similar to the stock anchor. And they fit great also.

Old 03-22-2022, 09:02 AM
chudson
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 71 Posts

When I last placed an order with Lloyds, I was told that after the day that I was ordering,they were no longer being allowed to use the P logo. I have not checked to see if that has changed, but if anyone orders and finds that they now can use the logo please post it. Thanks

Cliff
Old 03-22-2022, 09:36 AM
Retro
Advanced

@Eyeman @H.F.B. When did you last order from Lloyds? @chudson 's experience maps to their web site.
Old 03-22-2022, 10:33 AM
TheBlau
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chudson
When I last placed an order with Lloyds, I was told that after the day that I was ordering,they were no longer being allowed to use the P logo. I have not checked to see if that has changed, but if anyone orders and finds that they now can use the logo please post it. Thanks

Cliff
Cliff is correct - Porsche did not renew the license with Lloyds last year, and you can no longer get mats from them with Porsche logos.
Old 03-22-2022, 12:27 PM
Retro
Advanced

Are there any reputable mat companies that can still do the Porsche logo? I do like @H.F.B. 's 968 mat.
Old 03-22-2022, 01:56 PM
H.F.B.
Pro

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

@TheBlau this is bad news. I ordered my mats 2018, as mentioned, from Pelican Parts to replace my old and worn Lloyd Mats. My old Lloyd mats even had different color lettering. See pic.

This was my order in 2018:
1993, Porsche 968,
Feature: Cabriolet/Convertible, LHD,
Mat: Ultimat 4 Pc Mat Set,
Mat Color: 310 Dark Blue (310),
both Porsche and 968 Logo in Silver.

At this time luckily the orig. Porsche lettering was still available, but the 968 logo was added on my request. Nevertheless I would give Glenn @ Pelican Parts a call. May be there is still something feasible, possible.. I don't know.
Old 03-30-2022, 05:45 PM
Dave O
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have mats with the Porsche logo in my '92 Cab (I think they're OEM). The back sides are beat to heck with all sorts of rubber & junk flaking off. I looked at Lloyd Mats but they seem to have parted ways with Porsche (Porsche maintains such a tight grip on trademarks that its getting tough to find replacement things).
Does anyone have a suggestion for some process or product to put on the back side so that the junk gets encapsulated or covered or something? Or does anyone know of another manufacturer of mats who still has licensing to print the Porsche logo on their mats?
Thanks,
Dave

Quick Reply: Floor Mats - OEM, Lloyds, Logo'd?