968 Forum 1992-1995

968 SP3 car help removing HVAC unit

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2021, 06:54 PM
dave968M3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 968 SP3 car help removing HVAC unit

I started out in E class PCA Racing, now moving to SP3, have to lighten car. I have removed the heater core and blower motor. Having trouble removing HVAC unit. Have removed the 4 bolts that hold the ac/heater lines in place on the firewall in the engine bay. Have removed a nut inside the car under the dash, see picture 3. Still having trouble removing HVAC unit. Is it connected to dash controls or are there other bolts holding it in?
thanks
Dave

inside the car removed nut from bolt above the round air duct

removed 4 nuts from ac/heater lines where they go thru the firewall

AC evaporator in engine bay with blower removed

Last edited by dave968M3; 05-15-2021 at 06:55 PM. Reason: corrected typo
Old 05-15-2021, 11:33 PM
dave968M3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Turns out there are 2 mounting tabs, I removed the bolt from the one on the passengers side, but there is another one on the drivers side.
I just installed an AIM dash in front of my instrument panel and do not want to remove them both to try to get to the mounting tab on the drivers side.
Any suggestions??? Since I do not need the HVAC, maybe I can cut or deconstruct it from the passengers side to get to the mounting tab on the drivers side?

drivers side L, passengers side R. I removed bolt from the mounting tab on the passengers side. I need to get at the bolt for the mounting tab on the drivers side

Quick Reply: 968 SP3 car help removing HVAC unit