968 Forum 1992-1995

968 Instrument Cluster

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 04:49 PM
H.F.B.
Pro

Received 100 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan968
If you haven't pulled the wheel yet, +3 on not needing to. It's a little finicky to get the angle just right after unhooking the harnesses for the cluster to slide out between the dash and wheel, but really not too bad if you take your time. Also, be gentle on the wire harness release tabs they get brittle with age..

As mentioned, you won't have any problem sourcing the gear and replacing it with links provided above.

I bought an assortment of led's from www.superbrightleds.com to replace all my bulbs while I was in there based on another thread here. For the main bulbs in the tunnels, I used: (3) 194-CWHP5 in cool white. For me they aren't as blue as I was hoping for so I plan to modify things a little (they come in a bunch of colors depending on the look you want) and they're also way too bright for me- need to figure out a dimming mod (the factory dimmer won't work with them). Also changed out the others too with B8's: B8.5D-RHP for example, and they look nice.

I replaced my bulbs too with LEDs. Regarding the dimming mod. Here is great information how to get the dimmer working again --> https://rennlist.com/forums/928-foru...g-to-leds.html
So I bought the AILD-1 Main Unit, DIY Kit from Rennlister Ed Scherer. It's easy to install and is a real solution. Just my recommendation.
The following users liked this post:
davenlani (08-20-2019)