968 Forum 1992-1995

May PEC-LA Morning Shift- Featuring Transaxles

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 08:05 PM
Daniel S
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Default May PEC-LA Morning Shift- Featuring Transaxles

May 4th the PEC in LA had all of the transaxle cars as their featured model.

This allowed one to park in the featured vehicle area, the sidewalk down the middle of the parking lot.

So, down I went....with a few friends, since it was Star Wars day and my license plate is ROGESQN after all:

No, I did not buy them for the occasion. They are one owner, original miles fighters. My daughter allowed me to bring her R2D2 as a navigator, but when my back was turned, being the assertive, take charge kind of droid that he is, he planted himself squarely in the driver's seat:

While the lot was full, they only had about a dozen transaxles show up. The only other 968 parked on the sidewalk, was the 1995 silver one that just sold at auction with the tip. I talked to the owner, Adam, and he was initially hesitant to bid because of the tiptronic, but once he bought he drove 300+ miles across Florida with it and thinks it is great.

On the sidewalk, where the featured models get to park:

95 968 in the foreground:

Inside, they also had some owners cars for display for the month: a 924 GTS, 968 turbo S, 928 (minerva for those on the 928 forum as well), and a 944 S2:

I spoke with the curator of the collection that the turbo S is in, his opinion is that it is faster than a 911 turbo of that era (he drove a RUF yellowbird that morning-so I am pretty sure he knows what he is talking about), and hence why they killed it. The original owner was a German (?) tennis player and the current collection acquired it a year ago. He says they are now trading in the 7 figure range.

PEC has only been doing these for a few months, I think, but they seem to have it down. I was there at 730ish and there was line down the block. They started letting folks in around 755 for an 8 am start. As a featured vehicle, they radio ahead to let you park on the sidewalk. All in all, it was a pretty cool shingding. Just so, you don't think people brought their Porsches down, some one had a gulf livery Ford GT 40 (kit car or real, you be the judge)
Old 05-31-2019, 08:06 PM
Daniel S
Rennlist Member

Whew! I managed to post it before the end of May!
Old 05-31-2019, 09:45 PM
Charlie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Those 968's are great looking cars.
Old 05-31-2019, 10:07 PM
Yogii
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 152 Posts

Great post!

Thanks,

-Yogii
AKA 968 Novice
Old 06-02-2019, 02:46 PM
Yogii
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 152 Posts

I think the 968 looks pretty elegant in the silver.

-Yogii
AKA 968 Novice
Old 06-03-2019, 02:53 AM
Daniel S
Rennlist Member

Thanks. It was a fun event.

I have to agree. But I also think that the Germans know how to paint a silver car. We have 4 German cars, two of which are silver, and I always like looking at them.

Quick Reply: May PEC-LA Morning Shift- Featuring Transaxles