968 Forum 1992-1995

Accessing door lock actuator

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 12:16 AM
Ron Keysor
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accessing door lock actuator

My passenger door lock stopped locking when the key is turned in the driver's side lock. In the past both operated with the key, and I assume that's the normal manner. The passenger door lock can be operated manually, however. I suspect the problem is an electrical component called an actuator, and I find these for sale on eBay. If my diagnosis correct, do I remove the door panel off to find the actuator, assuming that's the problem?
Old 02-07-2019, 12:36 AM
oz968
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron Keysor
My passenger door lock stopped locking when the key is turned in the driver's side lock. In the past both operated with the key, and I assume that's the normal manner. The passenger door lock can be operated manually, however. I suspect the problem is an electrical component called an actuator, and I find these for sale on eBay. If my diagnosis correct, do I remove the door panel off to find the actuator, assuming that's the problem?
Yes door trim off and look for the part with the electrical loom and wire arm going to it .
Old 02-07-2019, 09:31 AM
thomasmryan
Drifting

Received 121 Likes on 89 Posts

If the passenger door unlocks with the console mounted switch, I would look at the micro switch located on the drivers side door lock cylinder.

Quick Reply: Accessing door lock actuator