Accessing door lock actuator - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Accessing door lock actuator

Old 02-07-2019, 01:16 AM
Ron Keysor
New User

Default Accessing door lock actuator

My passenger door lock stopped locking when the key is turned in the driver's side lock. In the past both operated with the key, and I assume that's the normal manner. The passenger door lock can be operated manually, however. I suspect the problem is an electrical component called an actuator, and I find these for sale on eBay. If my diagnosis correct, do I remove the door panel off to find the actuator, assuming that's the problem?
Old 02-07-2019, 01:36 AM
oz968
User

Originally Posted by Ron Keysor View Post
My passenger door lock stopped locking when the key is turned in the driver's side lock. In the past both operated with the key, and I assume that's the normal manner. The passenger door lock can be operated manually, however. I suspect the problem is an electrical component called an actuator, and I find these for sale on eBay. If my diagnosis correct, do I remove the door panel off to find the actuator, assuming that's the problem?
Yes door trim off and look for the part with the electrical loom and wire arm going to it .
Old 02-07-2019, 10:31 AM
thomasmryan
User

If the passenger door unlocks with the console mounted switch, I would look at the micro switch located on the drivers side door lock cylinder.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: