968 Forum 1992-1995

Where Does This Part Go?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 04:00 PM
LM964
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts
Default Where Does This Part Go?

Both sill covers off the other day - one of those 'while I'm there' jobs when flushing the brakes (unrelated naturally!) Glad I removed both sides as lurking under the sharfin were some rust areas. Cleaned these up, inside and out, kurust then waxoyl (all inside and out).

However, when I removed the front small cover on one side this little 'bracket' fell out which had been resting on the inside of the cover. No idea where it came from or what it does. Couldn't even see an equivalent one on the other side of the car. Part given as 944 559 771 00 'clamping piece'. Any ideas?

Old 05-11-2018, 05:46 PM
thomasmryan
Drifting

Received 120 Likes on 88 Posts

it holds the rubber along the fender well edge. run through my posts and there should be a picture from a couple months ago.

https://rennlist.com/forums/968-foru...assembled.html

look at the stone guard pdf as it shows the location
Old 05-12-2018, 06:31 AM
LM964
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts

Ah yes, I see now. Thanks for the pointer. As my rubber seal has shrinked a bit (and I restretched and repositioned it slightly) there's not much of any remaining tail to clamp. Short seal relatively cheap to replace so have added to the 'get list' for the future. Clamp completely missing from the other side so will make a replacement as and when nearer the time.

Quick Reply: Where Does This Part Go?