968 Forum 1992-1995

Door panel removal

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 04:01 PM
esseight
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Door panel removal

I have a rattle coming from inside my driver’s side door. It must be fairly straightforward to take the door panel off, but is there a how-to somewhere? I want to be sure I don’t break any clips in the process.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:45 PM
Yogii
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 136 Posts

esseight,

This is from Clark's garage site. It is for the 944 door panels. I understand that the 968 panels are more complicated.
good luck with your endeavors!
http://www.clarks-garage.com/shop-manual/body-11.htm

-Yogii
AKA 968 virgin
Old 05-11-2018, 09:09 AM
LM964
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts

To be honest I didn't find it any more difficult than the 964 I have - it's not that complicated. Window switch pulls out (easy to disconnect), screw behind door open lever, the rest pretty much screws at the door bottom and side. The rattling could be anything I guess but relatively easy to trace I would have thought. Pics below of what to expect when the door card is removed. Hope these help. Let us know what the source of your rattling is.

Old 05-11-2018, 12:05 PM
esseight
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LM964
To be honest I didn't find it any more difficult than the 964 I have - it's not that complicated. Window switch pulls out (easy to disconnect), screw behind door open lever, the rest pretty much screws at the door bottom and side. The rattling could be anything I guess but relatively easy to trace I would have thought. Pics below of what to expect when the door card is removed. Hope these help. Let us know what the source of your rattling is.
This is very helpful - thanks! It’ll be my weekend project...
Old 06-01-2018, 12:03 PM
Jim C
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Make sure you have a nice set of trim/panel removers. As the door cards get older, the fiberboard breaks down and it becomes very easy to pop the clips out of the fiberboard. This is especially true if the fiberboard has any kind of damage (water leakage).
Old 06-05-2018, 10:53 PM
Karrera Coupe
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

esseight I have this same project ahead of me in the very near future. I, and others after me, will appreciate it very much if you can write up and post a detailed set of instructions (and added photos if possible) when you remove your door panels. Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Door panel removal