Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Anybody know where the charcoal canister is located?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 11:33 AM
Cloud9...68
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

No, not yet - I've first been trying to identify the source of the leak, but I can't get it to happen with any regularity. I'm afraid I don't have a spare fuel pump lying around, so I don't really have a way of doing this, short of committing to a new fuel pump. It is certainly possible that the pump itself is intermittently leaking - one thing I suppose I shoud try is to remove the rubber cover from the pump and watch it while the engine is running.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:34 PM
jsheiry
Rennlist Member

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

Order yourself 2 #19 in the PET photo and 1 #5 sealing rings total 3. Put in a fresh fuel filter to be sure there is no blockage for fuel to flow. Certainly check the pump as you say by popping off the rubber cap to the larger rubber mount. These pumps are just sealed almost like a compression bottle cap you will see under that cap where the body is compressed to the fuel line connection area.

If you need a pump check this Bosch on Amazon, have bought and works like champ $114
Amazon Amazon

New pump will also come with new check valve and new #5 but still should buy 2 #19's in the PET pic.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:44 AM
Cloud9...68
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I talked Jay at to Paragon about my fuel leak, and he says it's common for the pump to leak at the seam that's held together by crimping of the lip at the high pressure end, so I went ahead and ordered a new one. It comes with the pressure releif valve and all the seals, so hopefully this will take care of it.
Old 11-23-2017, 07:29 AM
LM964
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Cloud9...68
I talked Jay at to Paragon about my fuel leak, and he says it's common for the pump to leak at the seam that's held together by crimping of the lip at the high pressure end....
Interesting. On the 964 a while back I could smell fuel fumes on idle plus an occasional whining sound. I switched out the pump for a Bosch replacement and perfect - even felt better at idle. Wasn't sure if the 968 shares the same pump. An £80 cost knowing you never have to worry or think about the pump again.

Quick Reply: Anybody know where the charcoal canister is located?